Does anyone know how to disable the DC's rechargeable circuit?

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi guys,

As the title says

Does anyone know how to disable the DC's rechargeable circuit??

Thank yopu very much in advance

Happy New Year!!

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I do not, I just replace the coin cell with 2 rechargeable AAA batteries.

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi dude,

Thanks for the answer, but the idea is to replace the stock battery by one battery holder and a cr2025.

Un saludo

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
All you need to do is look at the circuit and analyze it. If it supports charging and battery backup then you will need to disable the charging circuit by removing the flow of power to the battery but it has to be the flow of power that is coming from the charging circuit itself and not the power that is specifically going to the RAM that the battery powers when the system is on.

Usually you have to remove a resistor or diode to disable a charging circuit but might be more.

mookie3three

Mr. Big's Thug
I wonder why Sega went with a soldered in battery for the Dreamcast when the Saturn had an easily changeable one? Has anyone come across DC's with leaking batteries already?

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I wonder why Sega went with a soldered in battery for the Dreamcast when the Saturn had an easily changeable one? Has anyone come across DC's with leaking batteries already?

For the DC, it was a rechargeable cell battery whereas the Saturn's battery never really recharged itself.

I've had my DC since about launch. Not leaking, but since I don't play with it as much, the battery tends to stay charged for so long. I don't really care though, since I just set it up to breeze through a game or 2 at a time.

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi dudes,

Thanks James, I'll try to discover the circuit.

Un saludo

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
Why not just use a rechargeable ML2032 battery?

That's what I did after I installed a battery holder.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Why not just use a rechargeable ML2032 battery?

That's what I did after I installed a battery holder.

Wasn't aware of these. Seems like these would be perfect for MVS (and possibly PGM too), without disabling charging circuit?

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi guys,

I known that you can replace the stock battery by one ML2032, but itwas a question of money, last time that I did a quest a ML2032 costs 8$, but now (today) it costs 2.53$, so at the end I will order a couple of them.

Un saludo

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I haven't done it... all my boards are modded with regular (non rechargable) coin cells. Never saw the need to go another route, but it's nice to know there is one.