Removing MVS cart label safely

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Ok, I just received a cart in the mail, was expecting the label to be slightly peeling up, but it comes and it actually is slid downabout 50% of the way down (but still stuck solid for the most part).

If this was just a normal label I would just get a reprint with the serial number and leave it at that, but this is a holo label so I would like to preserve it if possible.

So this question is a two parter. What is the best way to remove the label without damaging it?

What is the best way of re-adhering it to the cart? Glue, rubber cement, prayers?

thanks! :D

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
Hehe that response is awesome:) I just didn't want the steam to damage the holo label at all. I will give it a shot later on and see what I can do with it :) That still leaves the re-attaching aspect, but I would guess just a thin layer of glue would do the trick.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I was able to move a Fatal Fury label from a cart I received with a broken shell, using a heat gun. Not a holo label game, but I'm not sure if it would matter. I used a glue stick to re-adhere it to the new cart shell I used.

TobyPC

n00b
If you take a heat gun and set it to about 110C you should be able to get it off.

Hold the gun about 5 inches away and move back and fourth slowly heating up the label. This should loosen the adhesive and not damage the label. Start at the edge.

Using a razor blade or a pry tool (Used for cell screens), slowly peel the label up while going over it with the air gun. Slowly start from one end and work your way up to the other.

That should get the label off ;)