FINAL FIGHT CPS1 jamma original boot problem ( color ram no good error? )

jago

I Wish I livedIn Belgium,
hi guys , i just received from a guy who selling me ff cps1 as workng,
but when i boot the game , first time i heard a voice, the i need to boot many times to see sometimes a rolling screen , and i can read something like " color ram no good A65 " or something like that ( not easy to read)

anyone can help? i don't have any other cps board to test it by swapping the b+c boards :(

help needed please !

thankssss :)

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
hi guys , i just received from a guy who selling me ff cps1 as workng,
but when i boot the game , first time i heard a voice, the i need to boot many times to see sometimes a rolling screen , and i can read something like " color ram no good A65 " or something like that ( not easy to read)

anyone can help? i don't have any other cps board to test it by swapping the b+c boards :(

help needed please !

thankssss :)

Are you using the board on a supergun or with a cabinet? maybe there are problems with the power supply?

Regards.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Have you tried adjusting the vertical hold? If you can't get it to sync it's probably a bad PPU on the A or C board....those things die if you look at them wrong.

If you can't get it too sync there is no point in troubleshooting the color ram. Toss it in the dead pile like the rest of us CPS1 collectors :loco:

Last edited:

jago

i tested my power supply ( used in a cab ) i have 4,90 volt and 12volt , 4,90 is not enough? it run perfectly with my 2 slots mvs and hyper 64 board.
i know the tip for vertical hold, nothing to do with this,
bustedstr8 , where are located the chips you talk about? how can i recognise them?

thanks for helping , anyway!

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Are you testing at the edge connector or on the components? That's low but probably unrelated to the problem.

jago

EBINSUGAWA,

i tested on the jamma edge and on chips when the board was running, same voltage.
i will try to increase a little bit voltage to 5v , but i don't think that change anything, i' really angry with this board!
best way is to find a cheap cps1 working A board or compatible complete game, and test swapped A boards ?
i looked on ebay but i don't want to spend 130 euros or more for a simple cps1 game like street fighter 2.
maybe xian xi or channel maniac can help, but ship it to them will be a pain ( from belgium...pricey huh..)

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
best way is to find a cheap cps1 working A board or compatible complete game, and test swapped A boards ?
i looked on ebay but i don't want to spend 130 euros or more for a simple cps1 game like street fighter 2.
maybe xian xi or channel maniac can help, but ship it to them will be a pain ( from belgium...pricey huh..)

I have a working SF2 if you're interested.