Naomi to RGB Scart

Beaps

Kabuki Klasher
Hi All,

I am trying to connect my Naomi system to my BVM via RGB Scart. I have flicked the jumper to set it to 15khz but I getting like a vibrating interlaced image.

Here is how I got it setup

When I go into test mode I get this

Is there another dip switch I need to switch. Currently I have 1UP the other 3DOWN.

Any help would be appreciated

Beharius

Overtop Pathfinder
10 Year Member
I also noticed that you are connecting both sync signals(H&V) to the pin20, it's incorrect. You can use the composite sync line on the jamma connector instead or Kenzei (beharbros.com) to combine those separate sync signals into one Csync compatible with the Scart.

Naomi (VGA) - Kenzei - Scart (still need the resistors though)

Naomi (through Sega I/O jamma) - Scart with resistors

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I use a capcom IO, run the video from the dsub to that, then jamma to scart with 220 ohm resistors. Works perfect, and there's a switch inside the capcom I/O that handles the sync.

Beaps

Kabuki Klasher
I think I got it sussed. I am using a regular ATX power supply and I don't think it's powerful enough

Beharius

Overtop Pathfinder
10 Year Member
Yes. Your issue is a sync problem, you either need to wire it from the jamma connector with resistors or use a sync combiner (like Kenzei) + resistors in the scart cable

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
the resistor value used on the sync line may be higher than 220 ohms if you're sending +12V instead of +5V.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
It's only 200w, is that powerful enough

I run a 175w atx PSU and haven't had any issues powering supergun, capcom io, Naomi, netdimm and raspberry pi off of it. Older PSUs from the era seem to work best.