White traces on board

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
Hi everyone.

I've just seen on ebay a cart having some kind of "whitening" on the right of the board and I wonder if this can make a game unusable or not.

I'm not interested on buying it but I'm curious on how this can affect the circuitry of a cart

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I can't really see a problem there from that photo! I would just clean it up with some isoprop and ensure the cart edge connector is clean and it will probably be OK - assuming the cart works?

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I can see it and have seen a similar case but with a pinball board. The board was left out in humid conditions and the cabinet had mold, but I do believe the issue has to do with heat damage. I had the board repaired so it either (a) is only cosmetic damage, or (b) is fixable through correcting the affected traces.

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks both for the info, that white plastic looks like if it was bent (of course it couldn't be bent here) so I think you're right Ash and it may be heat-damaged.

This is japanese Zed blade on ebay but it has been reposted at least 4 times and that was why I thought it may be damaged

Last edited:

Hodor

Cheng's Errand Boy
Thanks both for the info, that white plastic looks like if it was bent (of course it couldn't be bent here) so I think you're right Ash and it may be heat-damaged.

This is japanese Zed blade on ebay but it has been reposted at least 4 times and that was why I thought it may be damaged

Does the seller claim something about it's functionality?