Help - 'Scratched' Magician Lord

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Hi everyone,

I need your opinion please for something that looks quite obvious to me. Today I received a magician lord from ebay. To my surprise, when I opened it and examined the contacts of the cart I saw a huge scratch all the way across on one of them (photo is attached, some metal parts are even missing there Oo) and another one is discoloured (photo attached). I didn't even bother inserting it into the AES... I was afraid that I will damage my AES too with this shit. It looks heavily damaged to me and I am about to send it back. I am just asking for your opinion too guys just to be sure. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20141107_125528.jpg
    20141107_125528.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 107
  • 20141107_125534.jpg
    20141107_125534.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 105

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
The discolored part does not seem a problem to me. I think cleaning it will make it work fine, however it will keep discolored. The scratched part does seem problematic since it splits the connectors in two parts and it's very likely the cart will not work. Anyway even if it works, I'd file a claim with eBay/Paypal since I'm pretty sure the seller never stated the cart had this issue. Do not worry about it, Magician Lord AES is pretty common and not that expensive so you will be able to find a good one in no time, maybe at a better price, here in the forums or on eBay itself.

Regards.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks, I'm in the process of sending it back. He never stated that and the funny part is that he actually rated the cart with 'A'...

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Thanks, I'm in the process of sending it back. He never stated that and the funny part is that he actually rated the cart with 'A'...

There's the little possibility that the guys in the mail/post office made that. It happened to me with an MVS board I bought, in customs they open packages with an exacto knife and when opening mine they cut many traces of the board and broke it completely. Still have it unrepaired.

Regards.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
I see. This came from the UK to me though (I'm in the UK too) and it obviously didn't pass through any customs.

edit: the game was also in its case which was bubble wrapped so this couldn't have been caused by third party.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Then I guess this is it. Start the complain ASAP with eBay and hope for the best. You will have to pay return shipping probably but I guess that's better than having a useless cart.

Regards.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
You might as well try it to see if it works, it's not going to do any damage to your console. Worst case scenario it does nothing and you carry on chasing a refund. Best case may be it works but you can agree a decent discount with the seller.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks, nah this cart is junk. I prefer to get my money back and get something else that at least looks safe. The seller apologised and asked me to post it back to him. He said he will refund me once he receives it back. I notified ebay too about that with a 'return item' flag.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Send it back. You didn't pay the seller just to have to deal with this problem that he neglected to tell you.