MV4 Graphics Issues

racer445

n00b
Hey folks, I've got this MV4 board with graphics issues on all slots. Was wondering what chips I should be looking at. Battery has been replaced and there's no leaking anywhere.

Here's the story: I brought this to an event where we were going to run a Windjammers tournament. I put the board in the cab (my personal cab, voltages were tested good), and the game was running fine. I turned the cab off, slid the board out to plug in the 4-pin stereo header for line-level output so we could hook it up to a PA system, then slid the board back in and turned it on. All of a sudden it was doing this.

Any ideas? Since the issue occurred after moving the board I'm betting it's a cold solder joint somewhere, but I don't know the neo well so I'm not sure where to start looking.

2014-10-30%2004.17.58.jpg

2014-10-30%2004.19.48.jpg

2014-10-30%2004.19.15.jpg

2014-10-30%2004.15.53.jpg

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Have you tried swapping the top half of the board with a known good one?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Have you tried swapping the top half of the board with a known good one?

The traces on the top board get eaten up so easy on the MV4 and same as the bottom board. Hopefully it's as easy as a top swap. Also check for bent pins on the lower board for the board interconnects.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Is this board still in the cab? I can try to take a look at it on Friday.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
The reflection in the monitor looks like Game Underground. :mr_t:

If it's happening on all 4 slots I would think it's more likely on the bottom board or the connectors. The glitch looks like a higher address is stuck on the P-Bus (multiplexed C and S Roms)

racer445

n00b
Is this board still in the cab? I can try to take a look at it on Friday.

It's at my house now, I'll bring it in Friday.

The reflection in the monitor looks like Game Underground. :mr_t:

If it's happening on all 4 slots I would think it's more likely on the bottom board or the connectors. The glitch looks like a higher address is stuck on the P-Bus (multiplexed C and S Roms)

You guessed it! I'm the one responsible for most of the repairs and maintenance on the machines there. I'll check out the connectors in closer detail and the chips connected to the P-Bus.