R.I.P Pvm

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Was working fine till about 15 min ago. Now all I get is this.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
That sucks. She was solid. R.I.P pvm.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I think you should look for the VOT, vertical output transistor.

I'm not familiar with PVM's, but it should look something like this:

pRS1-13635937w345.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
No sweat, I have two back ups. I took off the case to see if there was something loose or noticeable but everything looks fine. This is the 2nd one that has bit the dust. Once im done with the back ups Im going full blast xrgb mini.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
fix it! same thing happened to one of my cabs and I swapped the IC and was back in business. If I can do it so can you (well if you can solder)

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Sorry bro that really sucks :( It's a constant fear in the back of my mind that one day mine will go out.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
anyone can solder(eventually). you can be bad at it and not ruin stuff too? my four wire modchip for a playstation didn't work on my first try and if theres nothing to ruin(pvms already broke) its not any worse of if you overheat something?

somebody give him specifics of what to swap out! then all he needs is like 15 $ for a soldering iron the ''part''(I don't know what stuff is) and some time(maybe for watch a video to learn?) if you can take the cover off why not try it?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Its not that bro. I have a shit soldering iron and I have already done small stuff like scart cables and saturn mod chips but its not worth my time. I would rather give this monitor to someone for free and let them figure it out. I know their are a ton of good guys on here that could walk me through it but it's just not my thing. I just wanted to know if it was a quick fix.

I also wanted to add that the last time I worked on a monitor it didn't work out well. It was a nanao ms9 that was making this squealing noise. It did not end well.

Last edited:

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
I can haz? Hahahha. That sucks it went out :(. But damn how many do you have laying around? Lol.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
God, if my pvm went out pretty sure i would ball my eyes out.

It's just a matter of time my friend. A lot of these pvm monitor's are going on 15+ years. They are going to die eventually.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
That's good you have replacements, but there isn't a whole lot to go wrong in this case. I really think it's just the vertical deflection IC...