Advice on high score saves mv1b

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Hi guys.I have in my possesion an mv1b and am addicted to it.I also just got my hands on an original fatal fury special and loving it.After racking up my best score i removed my cart and inserted the 161 in 1 banana for an hour then switched back to fatal fury special and noticed my high score was gone.If i save a score and turn off for 5 mins and switch back on the score is still there.I have no other carts until next week to test if this happens on all games.I understand the multi cart does not save scores but the system is saving dip settings on a number of the multi carts games.Can someone advise me of what the problem could be?Iv read the battery replacement tutorial from Xian on a past thread and it looks daunting to a novice like myself.Could a bad battery be my problem?Or is playing the multi cart in between affecting the saves on the original cart?
Thanks again guys and pls go easy on me:emb:

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You need to check the battery on it now, make sure that thing isn't pissing acid all over your board.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Word, well you have two options. You can do an OG battery replacement or a coin cell mod which is one I recommend.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
161 in 1 and most other multicarts clear the backup RAM when first boots. That's very likely the cause!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Unfortunately the mv-1b doesn't have memory card reader support, otherwise you could use the neosavemasta to keep your high scores without worrying about a backup RAM wipe.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Unfortunately the mv-1b doesn't have memory card reader support, otherwise you could use the neosavemasta to keep your high scores without worrying about a backup RAM wipe.

However NeoTurfMasta sells a NeoBIOSMasta with a memory card on it (what they use on the Omega and AI CMVS). I know the CMVS use MV1C boards, but maybe the same NBM can be used on the MV1B?

Regards.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
That would be the same as having a memory card always inserted, which I believe disables the "Press 1P for 5 seconds" to return to select menu.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
That would be the same as having a memory card always inserted, which I believe disables the "Press 1P for 5 seconds" to return to select menu.

You are right, however NeoTurfMasta wrote that it is possible to install a switch to disable the memory card, but I guess having to move a switch to enable/disable the card is no different than having the "start to menu" function disabled.

Regards.

giggsy07

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Thanks guys.I must be going mad i purchased an mv1fz also as backup so i suppose i could use that with a savemasta.1 can never have enough Neo goodness.:lolz: