Is this a sync problem?

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Does it do that on your other TVs or just that one?

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
It does look like a sync problem. The best thing to do is as Fox1 says above, test on different TVs if you can (possibly a CRT as well where, I assume, it wouldn't do this).

mikey

Marked Wolf
The neo outputs pretty solid sync, but you can try a sync cleaner to see if it helps. The LM1881 circuit is really easy to build and might fix it.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Unfortunatly it is the only tv i got...
Could i use a adjustable resistor in the sync?

It's worth a shot if you have one lying around. A 1K pot should do it. If this doesn't solve your problem it will probably need the LM1881 circuit.

GTRetro87

Kabuki Klasher
The MVS does output pretty good sync, however each TV does differ as they all tolerate the MVS's 59.18 Hz refresh rate differently. I would recommend a Sync Cleaner at first, but then you may or may not need a capacitor on the sync line from your MVS.

Read this: http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/cmvs.html

It explains how some TV's won't display properly since the MVS does not output 60 Hz. But with the use of a 0.01 uF capacitor (or different value depending on the TV), the screen stabilizes! But this is something you'll have to do trial and error with.

For instance, my 2008 Panasonic 42" plasma works very well with a 0.01 uF capacitor on the sync pin from the Jamma going to a JROK Sync Cleaner. Without the capacitor, the screen would shift on the top 1/4 of the screen...

However.. My friend's NEW Samsung 51" F8500 plasma which is a high end piece.. actually does something similar to yours without a capacitor on the sync line.. yet he does have a Sync cleaner. With my CMVS which has a 0.01uF cap, the screen rolls vertically over and over.

I would also check the settings on your monitor, see if there's a way to adjust V (vertical) Sync.

purple

Geese's Thug
also rgb voltage could be the reason, try adding 220uf caps and 75ohm resistors too

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If go with a sync cleaner. The sync cleaner will get rid of any noise on the sync line and also output a proper sync level.

Marcel1980

n00b
I just noties that i forgot the resistor on the scart connector. Ill put that on there and see what happens.