Metal Slug X on Steam, KoF '98 and '02 UMs to Follow

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
DotEmu has one fucking job, and it's pretty terrible at it.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
will it have online co-op and achievements?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm personally really happy to see these make it to Steam.

There's a lot more coming out than just these. On Android/iOS there's either new or remade games based off of Beast Busters, Athena, King of Monsters, and something called Sister Quest.

Even if they're mobile titles, we're finally getting games that aren't related to KOF, Metal Slug, or Samurai Shodown!

http://www.orochinagi.com/2014/09/snk-line-up-kof98-ultimate-match-final-edition-changes
http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/us/press/pdf/140910_1.pdf

Last edited:

spoonz

Quiz Detective
KOF98UM and 2K2UM were speculated to have come out last year based on steam db entries, even though it took more than a year I'm glad to see it coming out finally. I hope the netplay is decent (ggpo plz)

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
I have played KOF 98 on IOS for the heck of it and I was pleasantly surprised that it shits all over the neo-geo version graphically. Load times are lightning fast as well. Sprites look good.

Netplay will be decent on steam for kof 98 UM and 2k2 UM. It is impossible for SNKP to fuck it up on an infrastructure that is miles better than consoles, then again, it's SNKP....

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I have played KOF 98 on IOS for the heck of it and I was pleasantly surprised that it shits all over the neo-geo version graphically. Load times are lightning fast as well. Sprites look good.

Netplay will be decent on steam for kof 98 UM and 2k2 UM. It is impossible for SNKP to fuck it up on an infrastructure that is miles better than consoles, then again, it's SNKP....

You still won't be able to play Bayonetta on your PC.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

lol touchscreen controls
you gigantic faggot

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
Good news on the KOFs. 02UM is a lot more fun than XIII.