Taito Type X inside an MVS cab?

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
I'm interested in putting a 4 button Taito Type X game inside a Neo Geo cab. Is Taito Type X standard jamma? Isn't it possible to do a JAMMA to MVS converter, if so, would I have to do additional wiring for the 4th button, or would I be fine with just the converter?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I'm interested in putting a 4 button Taito Type X game inside a Neo Geo cab. Is Taito Type X standard jamma? Isn't it possible to do a JAMMA to MVS converter, if so, would I have to do additional wiring for the 4th button, or would I be fine with just the converter?

Not going to happen. Really. Type x is JVS, and only uses vga video. An IO board like the capcom or Sega boards will work, but even then, it wont look good.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Nope TTX isn't Jamma, you need a converter from JVS to JAMMA. You should be okay with the 4th button.

Not going to happen. Really. Type x is JVS, and only uses vga video. An IO board like the capcom or Sega boards will work, but even then, it wont look good.

Type X can do 15k, X2 can only do 31k + HD

Last edited:

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Like Lemony and Fox1 say you will need a I/O board to use your Taito Type X on a Jamma cab.
TTX is JVS not Jamma.

The I/O board I use to put my JVS systems on my jamma cabs is the Capcom Converter.
For me this is the best and easiest I/O board to use.

A JVS system is using VGA for vidéo, RCA for audio (for TTX you will need a jack to RCA cable) and USB for controls (joysticks and butons).

You will plug the VGA, RCA and USB of your TTX mobo on the I/O board and on the other side of the I/O boards you will plug the jamma of your cab.
I/O board will convert signals of your TTX mobo into Jamma.

But even for 4 boutons games like KOF98UM you will not directly had all boutons.
This is the reason why I like Capcom Converter, on this I/O board you can directly connect a CPS2 kick harness to made all boutons working.
For example with the Capcom Converter, on KOF98UM, you will only have A and C boutons (only punch boutons) if you don't use a kick harness. If you use it you will also have B and D boutons (kicks boutons).

Your cab only accept 15Khz video signal, TTX mobo can do 15Khz and 31Khz.
There is 2 video output ports on TTX a DVI one which is used for 31Khz and a VGA one which is used for 15Khz.
You will have to connect the I/O board to the VGA port, not the DVI port.

TTX power supply is include in the mobo, and you will have to connect it separatly (nothing crazy, it's like a PC), you can't powered it with your jamma or I/O board.
Just pay attention because the power supply is with a manual switch to choose between 110V and 220V. Don't choose the wrong position or you can say goodbye to your mobo.

I don't know very well US NEO GEO cabs but it sound possible to me with the appropriate tools

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Iiirc, The KOF games like Wide screen format.

The other TTX/2 games can do both wide and standard format ok.