burn a MVS rom with a TOP3000 ..... possible ?

s8n187

Quiz Detective
hi members , im going to buy a TOP3000 USB Programmer so i can burn my own Unibios for my Neo Geo AES.

I was wondering if i had a MVS cart where one of the roms went bad could i burn my own with the TOP3000 ?

btw i plan on buying a Daedalus Converter .............

s8n187

Quiz Detective
hi guys..............

what type is used in MVS carts ?

the TOP3000 may not support it and i will need a different model , also it would be good to know the type so i can check the prices on element14

except the 8Mb roms.

why's that ?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
hi guys..............

what type is used in MVS carts ?

the TOP3000 may not support it and i will need a different model , also it would be good to know the type so i can check the prices on element14

why's that ?

Because there are no known through-hole 8MB (64Mb) EPROMS compatible with the ones used in certain games. The games that use these chips are generally the bigger games, but any game that uses the FIO CHAR board seems to use them too (Ganryu, KoF99, Sengoku 3, MSlug 3, the list goes on). Check this link for boards and chips used in MVS games:

http://www.mvs-scans.com/index.php/Main_Page
http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/mvsboardcodes.html

Regards.

Asure

Captain Dick,
For this operation to be a success you will need to be able to burn the following:

27C322
27C160
27C800
27C010
27C512

Unibios goes on a MX27C1042

Which the TOP all does. If this is a one-time bootlegging operation, you might get by with simply having them programmed for you by a a member, or at $0.50 a pop.
Cheapest roms are @ www.buyicnow.com.

hezkezl

n00b
I just purchased some SMT eproms that I don't have a programmer for from buyicnow (whats up with the cost of SMT sockets for burners!!). I forgot to send the files I needed burned, and got a very prompt email from them asking for the files. The eproms were burned, verified and sent out within hours of my response.

I was a bit wary of ordering from China, but so far, it has been a great experience. I'm glad to hear that others recommend them - I ran across the site randomly from a google search.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I just purchased some SMT eproms that I don't have a programmer for from buyicnow (whats up with the cost of SMT sockets for burners!!). I forgot to send the files I needed burned, and got a very prompt email from them asking for the files. The eproms were burned, verified and sent out within hours of my response.

I was a bit wary of ordering from China, but so far, it has been a great experience. I'm glad to hear that others recommend them - I ran across the site randomly from a google search.

I also had a good experience with buyicnow. They sent me a chip to convert my Korean KoF98 to a full KoF98 (with voices). The chip arrived well packaged and works beautifully.

Regards.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
IMO Just buy a new unibios from razoola. You know it's done right and on the right chip, and you can have your systems serial number displayed on boot. Not to mention you're supporting someone who has done something incredible for this community.