CPS2 oddity (marvel vs SF)

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
So about a year ago I picked up a marvel vs SF board and actually played it not too long ago and realized it's the Hispanic version but it's in a green case. It also plays on a green b board. Can anyone explain what I have on my hands with this.

Last edited:

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
I've got a yellow rental board MVC that is hispanic region and plays with a green motherboard. I don't think it was an uncommon thing, but maybe Mits or Mainman could chime in.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I've got a green board of xmen vs sf as well that's a battery board but is the Hispanic version. I figured the guy I bought it from case swapped it, but it could have been done by capcom. Will be interested to see if anyone else can shed some light.

Asure

Captain Dick,
Capcom South America was a fucking mess where retards put 27C1000 into 27C010 jumpered boards, Hispanic boards into green/grey/blue cases (or whatever Capcom shipped them) and even Hispanic roms, on JAP/US/EU boards, with Yellow casing. Anything you can think of, the SA division has done it.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I just refer to them as Capcom Hacks. There is a reason that subsidiary was closed first. Some extremely shady practices and shody repair work. None of this is surprising.

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
OK cool now that I know it isn't like some halfasse'd revival job on to my next question. Can it be converted to a JP version, or phenoixed into one?

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
I guess it might explain the Japanese blue casing Puzz Loop 2 i just acquired. For sure, I thought I bought the Euro one. If I had looked more closely as the sell pic, I would've seen the Japanese text on the serial sticker. Looks totally legit as far as sticker (and it's still battery powered). Tempted to have it Phoenixed just so I can switch it in English.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I guess it might explain the Japanese blue casing Puzz Loop 2 i just acquired. For sure, I thought I bought the Euro one. If I had looked more closely as the sell pic, I would've seen the Japanese text on the serial sticker. Looks totally legit as far as sticker (and it's still battery powered). Tempted to have it Phoenixed just so I can switch it in English.

No, that was done by Capcom Japan. That game, Dimaho and a couple others can come in blue cases. I'd keep it original myself, there's not much to read and it wouldn't be unoriginal.