Puzzle Bobble MVS - Boot or legit ?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
The mask roms are for world heroes 2, but not in use. Total boot with wh2 used as sac cart.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
LOL what's up with that upside down chip that isn't even soldered onto the board.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Wow, i'm sorry to say this but it has to be the worst boot i've ever seen :lolz:
And i've seen quite a few...

Alle

n00b
Wow, i'm sorry to say this but it has to be the worst boot i've ever seen :lolz:
And i've seen quite a few...

Yes I know..but it's the first cart I bought about 4 years ago...and I still play today.

Asure

Captain Dick,
This shit still works even with all that jizz on the SNK PCM chip eating away at it for the last 20+ years?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
The address decoder looks like a dead roach stuck to the board. Shocked it does anything more than act as a doorstop. There should be a "worst boots" award category...I'm nominating this!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Holy shit, I had a board just like that. It was the first puzzle bobble I bought. Damn I should have taken more pics of it. Thing would scream I mean literally scream on the title screen. Dumped that thing fast lol.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Does it play properly? I had a very similar boot that had major audio issues.

Alle

n00b
It happens that music stops after some minutes, but not the sound effects, only music :)
And if you boot it like Bust a Move, on the title screen you will only hear garbled noises.

I LOVE IT :keke:

Does it play properly? I had a very similar boot that had major audio issues.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
That sounds pretty similar to what I experienced. Mine was advertised on eBay as being authentic, and the seller was incredibly embarrassed (or at least feigned it well) when I informed him. Who knows, maybe this is my returned copy, sent to Italy.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
i really want to snatch the cart and give it some love. it needs alot of cleaning, covers for the eproms and remove thosewh mask roms and clean up the decoder chip. maybe repurpose it into another boot or make a wh cart again

Alle

n00b
Thanks for the advice.
About cleaning, what can I use ?

Thanks !!

i really want to snatch the cart and give it some love. it needs alot of cleaning, covers for the eproms and remove thosewh mask roms and clean up the decoder chip. maybe repurpose it into another boot or make a wh cart again