Looking for a PSU I've never seen before.

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi,

The problem is that this PSU doesn't have -5v nor +5v adjustable line, it is high recommended for a cab.

Un saludo

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
The cab has an LCD monitor.

Is it a good idea to replace the bad PSU with another 300 Watt Arcade PSU, one with an adjustable +5v Power Pot?

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Is it JVS wired? The only reason I ask is that the PSU has a +3.3 line. If it is I'd try and get a JVS PSU, if not a normal 300w arcade PSU should be fine.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Not sure. This cab had a TTX2 running in side.

Looks like the TTX2 box hooked up to a mini-extension cord, with on/off switch, inside the cab. And looks like the PSU hooks up to something else. Not sure what the LCD hooks up to. Didn't get a great look inside the cab.

I know for sure the cab has a blown fuse, and a bad psu (it smells like smoke). Didn't go beyond that.

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Here's a PSU that outputs 12v, 5v, -5v, and 3.3v: http://www.ebay.com/itm/POWER-SUPPL...119?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f07cc3917

Would something like that work for your setup? Not sure if the voltage is adjustable though...

You know what... The OP said the I/O for the X2 also went bad in that cab.

The bad PSU is connected to the Jamma harness, which powers the I/O.

That means I can replace the bad PSU with any PSU necessary to run whatever board or boards I want to connect to the jamma harness.

All I have to do is wire up the harness to a good PSU, and replace the bad fuse.

Then I should be able to test the cab with a board in it. See if the LCD screen works or not.

:)

---

And I bet you guys he fried that I/O because he didn't have a PSU. in that cab with an adj. +5v power pot on it. So, the power on the +5v power line was cranked up way to HI for that little cheap ass Sega I/O board.

Last edited: