First MVS Cabinet: Jesse James

Hello! First time poster. The day has come. I Just snagged an MVS system. Did some refurbishing work. Replaced T-molding, sprayed the sides (roll painting later), competition black Happs, replaced the battery. Control panel still needs love. Needs an upgrade from 2 to 4 slot.
cab.jpg
The cab came with Metal Slug X and Strikers 1945 Plus. So far, I got Samurai Shodown 3, Samurai Shodown 4, Art of Fighting, 2020 Super Baseball and Sengoku.

The goal is to run a 4 slot with Metal Slug 3, SVC Chaos Plus, SSVS, and Bust-a-Move for the ladies. The location is public, in my Tattoo Studio in Michigan. I also have a Neo Geo X Gold.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
there are those that say MSX is not as good as 2, I have no opinion.

Welcome to the drama!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Hello! First time poster. The day has come. I Just snagged an MVS system. Did some refurbishing work. Replaced T-molding, sprayed the sides (roll painting later), competition black Happs, replaced the battery. Control panel still needs love. Needs an upgrade from 2 to 4 slot.
View attachment 16614
The cab came with Metal Slug X and Strikers 1945 Plus. So far, I got Samurai Shodown 3, Samurai Shodown 4, Art of Fighting, 2020 Super Baseball and Sengoku.

The goal is to run a 4 slot with Metal Slug 3, SVC Chaos Plus, SSVS, and Bust-a-Move for the ladies. The location is public, in my Tattoo Studio in Michigan. I also have a Neo Geo X Gold.

1) welcome
2) 2>x
3) I wouldnt really be proud of owning the NGX

Last edited:

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That's cool that you have the cab in your studio.

Just make sure the Neo Geo X isn't on display there.

That would be the equivalent of a shitty tattoo.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
X is like a quick cover up with a ball point pen

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
2 is better when playing drunk because it moves slower :keke: easier to dodge bullets!
welcome to the forums!

lmao! Yeah, the Neo Geo X doesn't get much play... The games I want aren't on it, and I suck at soldiering those small SD cards. People are digging MSX and SS3. I'm basically flipping any profit towards upgrading itself. Also, MSX>MS2.

Oh yeah! Since this is a collection thread, I might as well show off this guy:
image.jpg

Color changing LED lights, glass shelves etc. My collection finally isn't all over the place. Trying to get rid of a matching Playstation one.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
If you'd like a set of the multi-colored buttons for the control panel on your cab, I have an extra set I'll send you dirt cheap.

Welcome to neo-geo.com

If you'd like a set of the multi-colored buttons for the control panel on your cab, I have an extra set I'll send you dirt cheap.

Welcome to neo-geo.com

Thanks a ton for the offer! I ordered black to match the studio space a little better (I know, sacrilegious). I'm pretty set, minus some carts and a 4 slot mobo. :)

Any advice on the SSVS hunt? I contacted one guy in Japan about it, but no luck. Any good sites to keep an eye on? Maybe someone willing to trade for a badass Playstation retail case? haha. I have a feeling it's going to be a long hunt.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Any advice on the SSVS hunt? I contacted one guy in Japan about it, but no luck. Any good sites to keep an eye on? Maybe someone willing to trade for a badass Playstation retail case? haha. I have a feeling it's going to be a long hunt.

Super overpriced (usually) if and when you can find one. Being patient will likely be key there.

Personally I'd drop ~30 bucks on samurai shodown II and call it a day.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
II, hitbox fixed III, I, III, IV, V, VSpecial. Real talk.

Dope case, & welcome. As a tattoo artist, I'm sure you've come across some thick skin. Hope yours is too. ^_^

word. SS2 has a special place in my heart. but SSVS is on my goal list because I want my shop to be a place where people can actually play it. Over the month or so period that I have had the MVS running, I have had 7 or 8 people get really excited over SS3, and I'm not even there every day. I don't mind paying a large chunk for it. It's more a thank you to my rad ass clients. I can save tips for a few months plus machine profits to fit the bill. I've seen it on ebay for $1000 even. Is that the price I should expect? I'm not looking for complete kits (on ebay it was). Another thought was 161 in 1. But does that run Samurai Shodown V Special flawlessly? Does it keep the selected game loaded when the cab is unplugged and plugged back in? The people opening the shop probably wouldn't go through the hassle of picking ssvs every day.

II, hitbox fixed III, I, III, IV, V, VSpecial. Real talk.

As a tattoo artist, I'm sure you've come across some thick skin. Hope yours is too. ^_^

Super thick! Just don't ask me for an infinity sign. I can't promise that I won't flip out on ya. ;)

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
playing a neo cab in a tattoo studio? awesome.

About SSVS: You can score it cheaper if you're really really lucky and know good people. Normally you'll end up paying $750-1000 - try the game out on an emulator or multicart, I'm pretty sure you'll find it isn't worth close to that. Also:
you should try to get into contact with Japanese arcade distributors... they've catched on to how valuable these carts are, so it's still gonna cost you. sophia-corp.jp have them sometimes, but they sell very quickly, sign up for their newsletter - I got a quote from them in September 2013, they wanted ¥50,400 plus shipping (which was/is way too rich for my blood)... the price will just have gone up from there. You could also keep an eye on amazon.co.jp and auctions.yahoo.co.jp