New to MVS collecting

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Hi all,

I'm a n00b when it comes to collecting mvs carts and still learning my way... I plan to buy the metal slug series on ebay, what are the chances of getting a boot?

Thanks!

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Hi all,

I'm a n00b when it comes to collecting mvs carts and still learning my way... I plan to buy the metal slug series on ebay, what are the chances of getting a boot?

Thanks!

I'd say average? Don't spend $3k for the metal slug series. That's SO stupid...

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
Low if you ask for pics of the boards. I just finished tracking them all down and all were legit.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
All the original MVS Metal Slug carts (1-5 and X) should cost you no more than $400 cart only. The most expensive (in my experience) is 5, the others can be obtained for $50 to $70.

Regards.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The Metal Slug series is cheap on MVS for the most part, and you wouldn't think that boots would be prevalent, but they are. Especially part 3, although I have come across Slug 1 boots before as well.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Be sure to ask for pcb pics of the mvs carts. If the seller will not comply, it's probably because the cart is a boot.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
As I stated at the beginning before being contradicted by the newer guys...the odds are high.

Buyer beware.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arcade-SNK-...119?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4869d219a7

so these cost too much?[ no more than $400 cart only ] by around 122$ then?

if you buy from people that don't specifically say its original(boards) probably pretty high?!
if you got boots (comparing boards at gotwalls or putting pics in boot or no here) from someone that did say ''original'' though they might be free.... because of buyer protection?

100% working means 100% boot if there is no statement claiming origianality with it btw. doing a chargeback on or returning those would be wrong.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I can't say without looking at the boards, but the labels for 1-3 look legit. I've never seen 4 or 5 in person so I can't comment on that, and 6 is obviously a boot as stated in the auction.

But yeah, buyer protection. If it's a boot and sold as legit, get that money back. Ebay doesn't give a fuck if they say it's a boot or not, as bootlegs should not be sold on the site to begin with.

NewNeoOwner

Quiz Detective
I'm near certain my 4 and 5 are authentic and can confirm 4 has a shaded label and 5 is blue.

Excluding the boot the total comes to $81 a cart which from my experience is a touch high, especially once you factor in shipping. On the other hand you get the whole thing at once so you're paying for convenience.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
All 6 proper Metal Slug carts in that auction looks legit (judging from the label). The price isn't too bad considering most things are overpriced on eBay. For sure, it would be cheaper to pick each of them separately on the forum (shipping cost would likely be higher though). But lower priced Metal Slugs don't usually stick around that long in the market forum.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Judging an MVS cart originality based on label is very prone to errors. Ask for all boards pics before buying. All labels do look original, compared to the labels on my carts.

Regards.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I'm currently looking at this auction for metal slug x. Seems like a good condition but is it a boot? I noticed on the 6th picture with the gold label is in spanish, is this normal for games coming out of that region? Any difference in the game play?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Metal-Slug-X-SNK-MVS-NEO-GEO-cartridge-Arcade-Jamma-/181461487036?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3ff28dbc

Hi

No clue about the Spanish label, I had never seen such thing, it might be an unofficial label set by the local reseller or something, however the last pic seems to show an original EOP board with all Toshiba chips. That's correct for an original MSX, however there is no guarantee the lower board is also correct. It's very likely that it is, however.

Regards.