DC ARCADE STICK VS NEO GEO STICK

shroudz

n00b
I was playin KOF evoloution on my dreamcast and I had just bought the arcade sticks and then me and a friend played kof 99 on the neo
and it (don't kill me pleaze) didn't feel as good, I mean the loading time and backgrounds don't do it for me, But well the sticks, playability, and graphics are there, I feel like a traitor, does anyone else actually prefer the Official DC arcade stick and everyone compalins about the click sound on the DC, does this bother anyone really?

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
you're takin the piss,arent you?

either way,
tastes are tastes eh?

no
i dont even compare em
theres no comparison

shroudz

n00b
Hey Fran I bet you been Playin the neo for quite a while now, actually I expect all the old timers On the neo To frown on My opinion,
Im a Newbie Neo Player So Im less Stringent about how the Neo should look and feel ,Never really even played it that much in the arcade for that matter, I Of Course do not play the Dreamcast version more, Overall I still Prefer the Neo, But The Dreamcast stick I do seem to enjoy more, I may have to get one of those mas sticks everyone is praising, with the graphics and playability, Im not saying their better in any wasy just that I don't mind it and don't really see it inferior in any way,If anyone wants to argue the point, I'd appreciate it as it would give me a better view to the fine arts of gaming as Im not a hardcore Gamer

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
I think the neo stick is friggin awesome. IMO the best controller to ever "pack in" with a console. However, The agetec stick is really great too. One of the best non-arcade sticks ive run across. If you own a Dreamcast, you should own one. I use em both and really dig both. IMO the agetec seems to be modelled after what the neo stick did right. Also the clicky noise does not bother me one bit. When I play I really cant hear it as I've usually got the game volume cranked up in stereo.
-nick_th_fury

Maturin

n00b
You mad ???
I bought my neo 2 month ago and i play with my dc stick since 1 year(i bought the jap official stick) and neo stick (the old one)are really better than dreamcast one ...
Dreamcast stick a heavier but they don't have the precision of the neo stick.

JRock917

, ,
The DC stick is a really great appliance, I use it with all my DC 2D fighters; I still like the new style neo sticks a little better, they are more ergonomic and dont weigh quite as much. I associate each stick separately with the system it goes with, so I look for a different playing experience on each one. I used to have two of the old style neo sticks when I had my first cart system, but I like the newer ones better for sure. IMO, as far as the clicking goes, every good arcade stick I have ever had, including the DC twinsticks, clicks, so I would think an arcade controller that did not click was inferior in some way.

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Greetings,
This is my first time on any forum so wish me luck. I personally own an Agetec arcade stick for the the DC. I believe it's great. Yet I was used to playing on the handheld controllers, ever since the NES came out. So I got pretty good playing with those things. I never had practice on arcade controllers till I bought Marvel vs. Capcom for the DC. Believe, it's taking me a while to get accustomed to the stick format. Besides the excessive clicking, I think the DC stick is a great, solid product. A must have for any fighting fan enthusiast.

Yet to try a neo geo stick cause I don't got a neo geo Sid

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by shroudz:
I was playin KOF evoloution on my dreamcast and I had just bought the arcade sticks and then me and a friend played kof 99 on the neo
and it (don't kill me pleaze) didn't feel as good, I mean the loading time and backgrounds don't do it for me, But well the sticks, playability, and graphics are there, I feel like a traitor, does anyone else actually prefer the Official DC arcade stick and everyone compalins about the click sound on the DC, does this bother anyone really?

I hate all console arcade sticks, They are to light a move around to much.

Either get a cab or make a big wood boxed stick like the mass ones you can add weight to inside. The light plastic console sticks move around to much and just suck...

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
I have to concur with Maturin. The Neo-Geo stick does have more precision indeed. The Agetec Dreamcast stick is a tad fiddly, IMO. It sometimes will not self center. My A button has begun to stick somewhat, as well. Is mine just broken? I've been thinking of getting buttons and a stick from Happ Controls to retrofit my Dreamcast controller. I've heard stories of people gutting Dreamcast pads, etc. to make arcade controllers by soldering the leads to arcade pushbuttons and sticks. They have turned out successfully.

I wish Great Western Trading would also make console sticks- their HGA controllers are VERY NICE.

I'm tempted to spring for a MAS stick (unfortunately, these take a while to receive), or maybe a Total Control box (I have a Saturn stick from MAS already). It is a daggone shame that Sega didn't pull a "PlayStation 2" with regard to controller compatibility.

Jackal

O

Omega-NEO

I am one of those people (the minority) that went to the arcades and wished that the arcade machines had ports for my console system gamepads. Starting with the NES (my Atari had a sorry-ass 1 button joystick) I began a long in-depth journey of mastering the gamepad... first a 2 button, then a 3 button... then a 6 button. When I got a Neo-Geo... somewhere between my Genesis and SNES purchases... I got to learn how to use a joystick controller in an environment where I would not lose money for my mistakes. It wasn't long before I entered the arcades with confidence and pride... knowing that I could use a joystick equally as well as a gamepad. It is hard for me to say if I like a gamepad or a joystick more, but I guess ultimately I would go with a joystick since they are the norm in arcades and the performance you put on in the arcade is the TRUE reflection of a gamers' skill.

S

Silent_Scope

guys, get Capcom's fighting stick (JPN version) and it's a lot better than Sega one.