Neo Geo CD

Atariguy

Hardened Shock Trooper, ,
I finally got one over the weekend. I don't find the load times as bad as people say they are, even for RB:FF.

Jackal

SouthTown StreetSweeper
I have the Neo-CDZ, and it is a great system IMHO. Only on a few games does the load time get a bit too long (like Last Blade 2 and KOF'99).

Shpoo

, ,
I agree with Jackal on this one. I bought a Neo-CDZ to dodge some of the high cart prices. However, waiting for Last Blade to load really killed it for me.
angryfire.gif

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
It really depends on the games you play. Generally, the later the game you play, the longer the load times get to be. I hear LB2's load times are REALLY bad, and I know firsthand the KOF '99 load times are not fun at all.

For earlier games though, sometimes the entire game is loaded in one shot, meaning there are no load times after the intial one.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
One of the newer games that kind of loads fast is Real Bout 2. Last Blade 1 is bearable, if you set the config to demo off. Nothing really helps w/ Last Blade 2. All KOF games have decent loading times, in my opinion.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
And the REALLY old games like NAM 75, Magician Lord, etc. are very quick loading, and as already mentioned, many just load up once for a stage and they're done. Plus, the music and sound effects with these games is incredible, very high quality as compared to the cart originals (which aren't bad either, I'm not criticizing them!).

shroudz

n00b
I really Like My Neo CD, I have the cart as well but I really want to complete the collection of Neo-CD's as I can see that as a Viable option cash wise for myself, Great thing that on ebay now you can sometimes buy sets of 20 to 30 CD's for like $300 to $400 which is basically the price of a cart like metal slug 3

N

NGPSkinhead

I really love the Neo CD version of Metal Slug 1. The extra mode is great and the loading times are not big. It can really recommand the cd-version to everyone. (and it saves you 100's of $