"WORK RAM ERROR"

Dingo69869

n00b
Hey guys, been away for awhile... Hope everyone is well.

Just returned from an extended deployment over in the sand box- got my big red out of storage, and I'm getting this message on power up:

WORK RAM ERROR
ADDRESS 0010101A

WRITE 5555

READ 5455

I've replaced a flat pack memory module on this board before, so soldering isn't an issue for me....

Any input on what went bad?
Thanks,
Steve

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Check the upper WRAM for a bad trace, I think pin 11?

Dingo69869

n00b
Thanks for the reply - sorry for the lag in writing a response...

All the traces look good - my boardset is actually pretty pristine, no corrosion anywhere. now it HAS had a few problems- I've recapped the sound circuit, and I had a seperate RAM issue awhile back (forget which ones, but it wasn't the working RAM). I was able to replace the flat pack modules myself with a 35 watt iron and a small tip... but it was a pain in the $$ working with pins so small. I think (if the RAM itself is bad) I'd rather farm it out.

Can anyone recommend who to send this off to for repair, and how much it should cost?
Thanks,
Steve

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Based on the address 0010101A of the error I am 97% sure it is a problem with the RAM chip itself and it will need to be replaced.

I could probably do it for you. I am on the West Coast so a little closer than XX in Hawaii, but still a bit far. PM me if you are interested.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ya, right now I am booked with builds and repairs. I'd recommend sending it to mjs256 as well.