Some help with my Neo Candy 25 monitor

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Can anyone tell me where the geometry adjustment pots are on the chassis; specifically the trapezoid and pincushion?

I can't find any info on the monitor anywhere and I only see maybe one pot on the chassis itself; aside from the ones accessible from the front of the cab that is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Can anyone tell me where the geometry adjustment pots are on the chassis; specifically the trapezoid and pincushion?

I can't find any info on the monitor anywhere and I only see maybe one pot on the chassis itself; aside from the ones accessible from the front of the cab that is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

did you see the ones on the neckboard?

pipes

Yeah, but I can't see what they're for; it's a bit tight inside that cab. I assumed those were RGB adjustments......are there some geometry pots on there?

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member

There are 5 of them from what I can tell, and I don't think the do anything with the geometry.
They are labeled on the back of the neck board from the top to the bottom:

"R-DRIVE
B-DRIVE

R-BKG
G-BKG
B-BKG"

(Pipes has seen these already but for posterity) Here's a photo :D
20140525_145132_zpsltosg8eg.jpg

20140525_145118_zpsz9yk3aba.jpg

Last edited:

pipes

Yup, thanks K-2. I didn't notice those pots were labelled on the backside of the neck board when you sent me those pics before. Well, we can definitely rule out any of those pots then.

There is one for sure, maybe two, pots in the middle of the chassis but I have no idea what they do. I don't want to just start messing around with those without knowing what they do first. Are there any diagrams or any info at all in regards to the chassis in there? I honestly can't find a single thing on the net. Why is this damn thing so mysterious?

Hitachi GMK 25

The older I get the more I love these monitors, they are super reliable and have a particularly nice image with very old games.

Last edited:

pipes

Hitachi GMK 25

The older I get the more I love these monitors, they are super reliable and have a particularly nice image with very old games.

I definitely agree with that......but no pincushion or trap pots?