Reliable source for monitor cap replacement service?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I have a Konami Windy that needs a recapping. Toshiba monitor iirc.

I've dealt with P&L in the past and won't be using them again.

Is there anyone reliable that you guys can recommend to ship my chassis to for a recapping?

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
What happened with p&l? I was just there today getting a recap and recalibration of my vs red tent monitors. They tested out okay but I haven't installed them yet. They were cheap, too.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
What happened with p&l? I was just there today getting a recap and recalibration of my vs red tent monitors. They tested out okay but I haven't installed them yet. They were cheap, too.

I'll check with them again, but I had a VERY bad experience with them working on my Windy 2 chassis. Granted they couldn't find schematics, but it left a sour taste. I assume schematics for Konami Windy 1 monitor chassis are out there?

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
You need to find out exactly what kind of monitor it is. It should say the exact brand and model number in a manual. You may be able to find a Konami windy operators manual at arcade otaku. If not, google it. Then google any info on that monitor and see if you can get schematics yourself (you'd be surprised what's out there).

For simple recap they shouldn't need all that though. They can just identify all the caps on the chassis and swap them out.

Worst case scenario, if you're in southern cal, you can ask Forum member shadowkn55 if hell do it for you. He's real approachable and very talented with this stuff.

Last edited: