Verytex (Mega Drive)

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Not Neo Geo obviously but I figured I'd ask since there are a lot of Genesis / Mega Drive fans on here. I got a copy of Verytex in the mail today. The insert looks like a photocopy, the manual looks legit, and I'm not sure about the cart. The rear label has been peeled back at some point to access the screws. I opened it up and it has a Sega chip but I'm not familiar with how these are supposed to look and there doesn't appear to be a resource similar to MVS scans to check. I paid $60 for this so I'm kinda pissed off about the insert at this point because it was supposed to be CIB and in "Like New" condition. Here is a link to the auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131192171563

Here are some pics...

DSC00465.JPGDSC00466.JPGDSC00467.JPGDSC00468.JPGDSC00469.JPG

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Haha, glad the cart is OK at least. Thanks guys. People do sell bootlegs of these so it's not unreasonable to be suspicious.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Haha, glad the cart is OK at least. Thanks guys. People do sell bootlegs of these so it's not unreasonable to be suspicious.

Oh yes they do, as a matter of factly there is someone on this very forum that buys bootlegs of games that were never released in Japan.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Update: Seller took a third off the price due to the repro insert and I printed out a much nicer one myself. The game itself is pretty good so I'm glad I picked it up.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Update: Seller took a third off the price due to the repro insert and I printed out a much nicer one myself. The game itself is pretty good so I'm glad I picked it up.

The game is awesome, just very unforgiving. Don't die... back to the beginning you go! ;)

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The game is awesome, just very unforgiving. Don't die... back to the beginning you go! ;)

Right! I think there's only 1 check point per level. That's worse than View Point for god's sake. The Level 2 boss was kicking my ass with the homing lasers for quite a while.