The sweet smell of a neo-cart!

Moria/the one

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I remember back in 1992 when I first saw the Neo Geo. I saw it and of course I couldn't get it out of my head for years.. But there was one thing that I could remember the most... you guessed it! The smell of a neo cart! So please, do yourself the favor and go smell a few of your carts,(mostly the older carts) you will notice the smell that I still enjoy till this day.. hehe Yeah! Anyone agree? Or is it just me...

ScoobyDoo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Nevermind the Neo Carts, I want to know what else you've been sniffing
wink.gif

Moria/the one

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hehehe, common serious.... I'm not sniffen crack here.. Can't anyone back me up here? Common neo dudes! Start sniffin!

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
good point there

received two carts from osaka the other day

spent at least 5 minutes sniffin and all

i was like

osaka...

osaka,me arse

now they're all mine

it was noon
i was bored shitless
rainin outside and all
food wasnt ready
didnt know what to do

i was young

easily led...

yeah?

i am sorry

the whole sniffin thingy

makes me feel guilty in a way and.....

i gotta go

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Ys, the smell is memorable. I know this may be to much information for some people here but I know there are some sick people on this chat board.... anyone ever do anything sexual with a video game?
biggrin.gif

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Originally posted by Dreamh2o:
anyone ever do anything sexual with a video game?
biggrin.gif

Well I once used the N64 controller with the rumble pac, nough said.

Moria/the one

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Man that's awsome that I have got some feed back.... I thought that everyone would think of it as a joke... nice to know that there are some serious sniffin neo geo gamers/collecters.. here.. keep them up! Can anyone discribe what the smell is like? I have a hard time discribing it... Man... You guys are awsome.... !!!!! and don't forget farts turn purple in the springtime! har har har!

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Even after all these years some of my games still smell of new. Whenever I open one of those boxes, I always put the world on hold for a few minutes to take it in. It's so intoxicating. I love it! But can I describe it? Um, well, how about saying it's the fresh smell of greatness? It's heavenly! I feel like going downstairs & doing it now that it's been suggested. To sniff, to breathe, to absorb, to become...... the smell of a Neo·Geo home cartridge is beyond this world!

Moria/the one

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Only 10 sniffers? common! Use yer noses ya neo geo usen sun of a guns.... n stuff! Common I sure that you won't get high if you do it.. (Oh, mabe high from enjoyment) eh er Yeah... Man gotta try this! My Garou English cart smells the best!..

JRock917

, ,
I was out of neo for several years, but when I got back in, and got my first cart, the smell was exactly the same as I had remembered it from seven years earlier. You are right, the smell of these carts is unique. I guess it might have to do with all of the electronics in the carts- they smell very "electronic" to me.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Some smell like fish.... oh we were talking about neo geo not p***y.... my bad.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
You ever notice though that not everything that smells like fish, tastes like fish?
biggrin.gif

Lord Illicious

Krauser's Henchman
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Dreamh2o:
Ys, anyone ever do anything sexual with a video game?
biggrin.gif

Share with us your sexual experience with a NEo game if you can.

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
I smell the instructions also!!
Import games especially!!
It must be the ink!!
I am a TRUE neo-Dork!!!!!

biggrin.gif

G

gokusama26

I always thought it was some kind of charged air. I get the same smell when I inhale the air from inside my TV and DVD remotes. It reminds me of the smell of the air right before a thunderstorm. Yes, I do sniff my remotes to get that smell, and I'll continue as long as I shall live.

JRock917

, ,
That might be it- electronically charged air. I swear it reminds me of like when I open brand new electronics, the glorious smell of new hardware... oh, the feeling! Or maybe its just all the transistors and resistors and silicone that makes those carts smell the way they do. As far as the way fish smell, I think it is safe to say that Dream you are right in that sometimes what you eat tastes alot better than the way it smells...
smile.gif

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
All you guys are lucky! I don't have a neo geo so I don't know what smells you guys are talkin about. I have to settle for DC, Saturn, N64, playstation, and SNES smells. They're all good. I must get a smell from a neo geo, though. But the smell is to damn expensive.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I opened couple of new carts, and I have to say that when I smelled it, it feels like I am sniffing those cheap permenentt markers. Who knows, if you smell them enough, it might mess w/ your brains too. Personally, I think whoever smells them that long enough is loosing something in the brain department. It just smells like plastic and new shoe, in my opinon.

lemonflav

Windjammers Wonder
20 Year Member
If you want to smell some stanky carts, I suggest some of the older games. You should be able to find them pretty inexpensive now a days. For example Fatal Fury, Ninja Combat, Sengoku etc..

I think my old copy of SS2 smells better than KOF99 or MOTW.

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Yo guys! Is Mark of the Wolves a cart worth getting? It's a fighting game right. Well if it is a cool one, I may just have to get a sniffin.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I was playing Metal Slug 3 late last night and decided to sniff the instructions after I got Game Over. This one actually smelt like enamel paint, but with a notably more toxic-sort of air to it. Maybe they just have "smells in a can" in the factory, and spray a random aroma in the box prior to closing it up.