ZUPAPA!

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I just received Zupapa! serial matching kit bought from ebay and noticed the label of the box has underneath another label that ends with TOP maybe it was "over top". The box is in great condition and the Zupapa! label is perfectly positioned maching the underneath label and I only noticed it is there from the TOP word.
The game pcbs are legit matching MVS scans and the cart label looks original and in great shape (just missing the yellow sticker only). This zupapa! label on the box looks also original -

Were they in SNK used to put a label on another game's box label for any reasons? or It is a fine reproduction and shall open an ebay claim?

EDIT Artwork is original

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
SNK did a lot of weird shit back then and there are tons of examples of inconsistency across the line. If everything else matches up I wouldn't worry about it and chalk it up to SNK reusing a box.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
These are high res photos of the label. Do they reproduct these or nobody gets in that trouble?
P1010643.JPGP1010644.JPG

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Have you compared the print quality of the label to another kit or the cart itself?

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Yes, cart's label is more glossy higher quality, while on the box is more of a paper sticker. Quality, resolution and type is the same as Blazing Star, PI2 and Strikers 1945+.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
The only thing that is suspect is that the labels are perfectly lined up one on top of the other. I cant imagine someone sticking it on so perfectly well, when half the labels on the kits I have are crooked/off center.

Its probably legit. Just odd.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I wouldn't worry man. SNK is known for many many inconsistencies, and thats putting it mildly. As long as 1) the stuff is good condition and 2) the game is legit, then it shouldnt be anything to worry about. Do the serials match?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Is the label on the cart also on another label and is it also upside down? That would be the trifecta of SNK MVS kits.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
I wouldn't worry man. SNK is known for many many inconsistencies, and thats putting it mildly. As long as 1) the stuff is good condition and 2) the game is legit, then it shouldnt be anything to worry about. Do the serials match?
Yes the serials match. I suspected they made this box just to match!

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Is the label on the cart also on another label and is it also upside down? That would be the trifecta of SNK MVS kits.

The label on the cart is not on another label. It is normal placed from the first placed but it is not holographic.
Can anyone confirm that Zupapa! gas not a holographic label?

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
The label on the cart is not on another label. It is normal placed from the first placed but it is not holographic.
Can anyone confirm that Zupapa! gas not a holographic label?

I have cart 000642 and had 000643 as well from a purchase from Cosmic Company back when the game first came out. I'm willing to bet that game came from Cosmic Company as well, and was bought shortly after mine. That label looks the same as my cart. Not sure why it seems to be stuck over an Overtop label. Either way, the sticker "appears" legit...

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
As others have said SNK did strange things. Like I have a US SamSho1 legit one with a Japanese label under the US label and at first I suspected a bootleg but it wasn't lol.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Seller from eBay also told me SNK did strange things back then to maximize profit. Actually doing such things didn't save the company in the end.