Metal slug defense released on ios and android

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
The game would be great if it did not require in app purchases. I got to the 3rd area of the map and the mummy generators destroy you from the beginning unless you have an item to get rid of it quickly. I tried multiple strategies and you are screwed unless you have better units or items, all of which require real money.

EDIT: Apparently you can level up your crew and that makes things easier. Once I leveled up my guys I could beat the level. They limit your play by requiring ammo before each mission and it takes over 90 minutes to go back to full ammo unless you purchase some with real money.

Last edited:

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
At least finally something else then Pachinko from SNK. Unfortunately I really hate Tower Defense games. *ugh*

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
Arrrrrrrr fuck that shit , anyone who dose programm shit like this should be Hit in the face realy realy hard , i hate this games where you have to Pay Money to Cut the Time or have to wait hours , i would Love Metal slug defence without this stupid damn Pay if you want to advance

other than that i would Pay 5 - 10 euros for a game without this limitations

Last edited:

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
Arggg. Hate in app purchases. Just give it to me straight. Make it free, a free demo, or a $5 game.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
... i hate this games where you have to Pay Money to Cut the Time or have to wait hours , i would Love Metal slug defence without this stupid damn Pay if you want to advance
The game would be great if it did not require in app purchases...they limit your play by requiring ammo before each mission and it takes over 90 minutes to go back to full ammo unless you purchase some with real money.
Arggg. Hate in app purchases. Just give it to me straight. Make it free, a free demo, or a $5 game.

"Wait a minute, you mean I have to PAY to play a game a developer has spent time and resources on? Oh, actually it's completely free unless I suck so much at it and I'm too impatient to go do something else for 90 minutes and/or can't get through it on my own?":thevt:

I've been playing this game for a while today (cleared the first six sets of levels) and I have not run out of ammo or run across an instance where I was being forced into buying in-app purchases. Overall, for a free tower defense game, for MS fans, it's a refreshing take on the series and fun to play. Essentially, the in-app purchases are just ways to cheat having to wait or make levels that are "too hard" easier to get through from what I've seen.
You can revisit stages to get more MSP to upgrade your forces if you get stuck. You can even upgrade the limit of MSP that you get from a level and upgrade how much MSP you get from wins. The only thing that is confusing is how the prisoner system works. Even the online tutorial video and official 'Help' pages don't mention information bout this.

It could be worse: they could have just ported MS 3D to iOS/Android and charged $5 for it.

At least finally something else then Pachinko from SNK. Unfortunately I really hate Tower Defense games. *ugh*
This is a valid statement. If Tower Defense games aren't your thing, that is a valid reason to not get the game.

...i would Pay 5 - 10 euros for a game without this limitations
Complaining that it's a "freemium" game followed by wanting to pay for the game? Really? It's free. You don't have to pay ANYTHING if you don't want to. Mobile gaming research shows that people are less likely to buy a game the higher the price tag is. If it's over $0.99, it might as well be invisible to most mobile users. Look at Candy Crush Saga. It's an awful game and people download and pay for in-app purchases. It's so lucrative that they have TV spots for it and there are stories of people spending hundreds of dollars on it. If you make it free to play and give the option to pay for stuff, it balances out between the people that do pay and the people that don't.

Remember guys, if SNK releases a new game and it doesn't make them money, they can't afford to make new games and will keep re-releasing the same games that they have been making since the 90s on new platforms and pissing off fans but continuing to focus on Pachinko B.S.

Last edited:

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Let's hope this is SNK's idea to gather in funds to make the next KOF... it's about time they release something NEW other then pachislot machines. And I agree with unofficialitguy, they have to make money somehow, so this is a good way to go to gather in funds as play for free games are very popular these days.

Last edited:

Dark Sakul

Marked Wolf
Microtransactions in my Metal Slug, Really?
Are you sure EA didn't make the game instead of SNK?

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
To be fair, arcade games are basically the origin of micro-transactions.

(This post is in no way meant to condone the sin of pay to win phone games, I'm jus saying, credits in MS give you heavy machine guns.)

Last edited:

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
The game is okay. I really like that Idle music in the game though.

Grendell

Morden's Lackey
@ unofficialitguy , the generally idea a game for "free" combined with in-app purchases is faulty by it self , maybey you are lucky that you didnt have to pay because you are realy good or something else who knows but the idea behind a free game and in-app purchases is always take more money than the game it worth , and i sayed i would gladly pay 5-10 euros in adnvance for a game what dosnt breaks the game flow on purpose but if you like freemium games than this is your problem

@ Jonmkl , that may be true but most of us here got his owen home arcade and i bet they dont put money on every death in his mvs or aes ;D they payed a lot of money in advance to play without any possible disruption

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
@ unofficialitguy , the generally idea a game for "free" combined with in-app purchases is faulty by it self
Well if that is really the case then there are a lot of other mobile games that are in deep deep trouble if they are "faulty"
maybey you are lucky that you didnt have to pay because you are realy good or something else who knows
I guess I'm really good or something if I've made it this far without tapping into my bank account once:
IMG_6355.PNG

but the idea behind a free game and in-app purchases is always take more money than the game it worth , and i sayed i would gladly pay 5-10 euros in adnvance for a game what dosnt breaks the game flow on purpose
Umm... making money is the idea behind the whole video game industry. Let's face it, MSD is a good free-to-play game. Would I pay 5-10 euros for it? No way. MSD never would have made it on my phone and I bet that many others feel the same way. But now that it's getting an installed user base, people are more likely to impulse buy medal packs.

if you like freemium games than this is your problem
I have no problem whatsoever. I didn't lose any money and I'm really enjoying a game that hasn't forced me to pay a dime to play it.
I would have a problem however if it was a different business model. For example: If it was listed as a free game and two level sets after the tutorial, it had a pop-up telling me that I would need to pay to continue. Or if it required $0.99 for a "play credit" every time I wanted to play and not free way to get around it. Or if there was a monthly fee. That would suck and I would have deleted it off of my phone shortly after download.

If you don't like free stuff, that's your problem.
I bet you hate DLC too.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
The game would be great if it did not require in app purchases. I got to the 3rd area of the map and the mummy generators destroy you from the beginning unless you have an item to get rid of it quickly. I tried multiple strategies and you are screwed unless you have better units or items, all of which require real money.

EDIT: Apparently you can level up your crew and that makes things easier. Once I leveled up my guys I could beat the level. They limit your play by requiring ammo before each mission and it takes over 90 minutes to go back to full ammo unless you purchase some with real money.

why. won't. free-to-play. die.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think they got this right. It's a really good game. I can already tell I will dump a ton of hours into it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
playing this, I can say that as far as touch screen games go, this is the right kind of game.

If you're too emotionally invested in the original style of games, then this won't work for you. Touch screens can't offer the same gameplay for fighting games, or even run n gun style games. Shooters on touch screen devices suck too. If you want to argue, that's your prerogative. But as I see it, touch screen devices lend themselves to a different style of game.

Metal Slug Defense is a simple game.

You don't need to spend a penny on it. You can spend money if you don't want to unlock things naturally. You can have that option.

The "ammo" replenished itself over time, much like credits replenish in the iOS Arkham game that came out last year. So if you run out of ammo, just do something else. Play a different game.

There is an RPG element in that you can upgrade your units or your base. You start out with a weak grunt, who can either toss grenades or knife enemies. You can also set down sandbags to shield you from enemies. After you clear some stages, you can use Marco. Clear the next level and you get Tarma. Then Fio, then Eri, etc.

Anyhow, I highly recommend the download.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
So I went ahead and gave the game a download, and it's not bad! Way too easy though.. and now I want to go play some real metal slug..

I'm gonna go play some real metal slug.

@ Jonmkl , that may be true but most of us here got his owen home arcade and i bet they dont put money on every death in his mvs or aes ;D they payed a lot of money in advance to play without any possible disruption

HAHA you're totally right! This is like the mother hive of people that would rather pay up front!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So I went ahead and gave the game a download, and it's not bad! Way too easy though.. and now I want to go play some real metal slug..

I'm gonna go play some real metal slug.

HAHA you're totally right! This is like the mother hive of people that would rather pay up front!

Game gets pretty hard at later levels. A lot of unit/base upgrading is required.

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
downloaded the game and was amazed at how much fun it can deliver! I love it, this was a wonderful surprise ^^

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
Glad to see it looks like you can play it without making in app purchases. MY comment was not just about this game but all in app purchase games. If you want to make money off it, just let me pay up front. Thats all. Have to try this tonight when i finally have some spare time.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
the wifi vs mode is broken and complete crap though. SNK people will never ever understand online play. They need to just never try. They are online incompetent.

What do I mean?

You can never expect a fair fight. Chances are you will go online and play some chodey faggot named Ching-Chong in Hong Kong who has been playing all day to max out his troops and bought some upgrades with silly Chinese monopoly money. Completely miserable experience. Really, online shouldn't have any upgrades. Leave that shit for the offline campaign.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
SNKP is hoping you'd splurge for maxed out upgrades as well.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
SNKP is hoping you'd splurge for maxed out upgrades as well.

I forgot to add that you can cheat the game by setting your clock forward. Unlocks the ostrich slug and mammoth slug. Can get you free ammo for campaigns.