Games that benefit from over clocking your Neo Geo AES

vinnieboy1

New Challenger
I wanted to know which games actually benefit from over clocking your Neo to 16 MHz or anything higher then 12 MHz? I know
Metal Slug 2 is an obvious choice

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I guess FF2 and ST2 are also games that would "benefit". Keep in mind that there will most likely be graphical glitches when you overclock though. As to the slowdown in MS2 I think Xian Xi said it doesn't make such a huge difference... IMHO overclocking the Neo doesn't pay off enough to do it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The only games I noticed that don't get graphical glitches are Metal Slug X, 3, 4, 5 at 16mhz.

vinnieboy1

New Challenger
Hey thanks for your replies. I'm able to notice a difference in MS 2. A lot of the slow down is almost gone. But other then that game I really don't know any other games that actually benefit from over clocking. I'll test some games out myself

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
as I said, Fatal Fury 2 would be a good game to test.

Hans Grösse

Banned
Well Wouldn't overclocking really just help with the slowdown? MS2 is a special case as it was programed poorly to begin with, probably poor optimization or collision detection just eating up resources, so a whole new engine was designed to make the game run faster hence Metal Slug X.

Now that said the original Metal Slug does indeed have slowdown, especially on 2 player, would a overclock combat that?