LA PAC-S10 question See post #4

LameKat

Armored Scrum Object
I've started my first re-cap of a Sega PAC for my LA. Did the the sub board first, tested it before I was to go on to the main board and I got my first lessons in surface mount caps. Take your time and clean everything! The picture is now very dim. So I'm take another run at the sub board (very thorough) getting all the rot away (lost a few pads) and I noticed two breaks in the copper just under C508. Did I do this (pictured below) or is it normal?
SSUB DNP1492 (revision with sub board DNP-1585-B present)

Last edited:

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Good timing to start fucking shit up :) I just got done with a Pac and have it open and handy. Make sure to check any trace that goes underneath a cap, especially in between the bios and 68K.

Pin 19 of the HC244 is open like that. C508 Pos is connected to pin 3 and 4 of LC7881 and C15 Pos
13139959865_7cda40692d_b.jpg

Last edited:

LameKat

Armored Scrum Object
Still at it!?! Cleaned the hell out of the board, still have garbled audio(fine with that since I've only done the sub board) but the picture is barely visible, slight difference in shades of black, can only see outline of picture (tried taking video but nothing is visible). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LameKat

Armored Scrum Object
Fresh set of ears is helpful. Thanks to Busted, looks like a reversed polarity cap took out the power supply on the LA itself. So far IC101 is open, but with the amount of smoke there may be more.