Jp systems vs English

MikeM

n00b
I'm thinking about buying my first Neo Geo system. I am confused about Japanese and English systems. I know japanese systems play English games but display everything in Japanese. Any other major difference?

MikeM

n00b
More Blood is always good. Can English systems play Japanese Carts? I'm a little confused in the different carts.

Thanks

Robi15

20 Year Member
Yepp. English system can play all the carts ever made to neo geo home system!

So at Jap system you can play English carts and viseversa.

Robi15

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
You can still play with the blood and other sensored stuff on ENG system by inputing various codes. Mostly, that is. For example, w/ SS3, it appears that there is no blood and fatality code for the US system. I think there is code for it for the US cd though. BTW, most of the recent Japanes games basically has English language as a option. So you only have to worry about the older games, if you prefer the Japanese system.

JRock917

, ,
The Japanese system is tops. In that regard, you can look for one with a higher serial number, which means it will have newer internal components than a us system. You might even be able to find one very recently made! Terry is right about the game SS3 having a blood code for the us cd version of the game, its the same code used for SS4 on neo cd. With a cd system, if you get a us one, you can change the jumper settings so as to take out all the censorship functions; you actually change the jumpers from the us settings to the japanese ones. Or, you can get a japanese cd or cdz system and not even have to worry about it. But if a cart system is what you are looking at, I would definitely go with a japanese system so you can enjoy all the blood and bounce SNK games are renown for. About the only games which have no English are the puzzle games, but everything else should be bilengual.