Blast city wiring issues for 4 and 5 buton

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
ok i know the atomiswave has the use of the 4 and 5 buttons off the jamma harness. my blast has wires coming off jamma harness where these buttons are. there are these wires that go from the 1p harness over to the kick button harness im not sure if the lose wire needs to be reconnected for 4 and 5 button to work or not. im new at this stuff and im not quite sure what im looking at all the time. just need help to get this wired the right way

here you can see a green a pink and white going from one side to other. pink not in on one side

and here is my jamma harness its upside down so close side the white wires i believe is the 4 and 5 button wires

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20077

Hit FrancoB up for a 4-5 button link kit. That way you don't need the fiddle with the wiring every time you throw a neo or atomiswave mobo in there vs a standard PCB or CPS2 (I'm assuming your 4-6 buttons are currently wired on the CPS2 harness). I put one in my Blast earlier this year and am quite happy with it... everything is plug & play now.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
For Atomiswave Buttons 4 and 5 are indeed from the JAMMA edge. So unless your control panel wires going from buttons 4 and 5 are connected to the JAMMA edge then you need a different JAMMA harness to support the Atomiswave.

The alternative is to have a custom JAMMA fingerboard->JAMMA connector made up that places the Kick Harness buttons into the Atomiswave layout and then passes through all other connections.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=20077

Hit FrancoB up for a 4-5 button link kit. That way you don't need the fiddle with the wiring every time you throw a neo or atomiswave mobo in there vs a standard PCB or CPS2 (I'm assuming your 4-6 buttons are currently wired on the CPS2 harness). I put one in my Blast earlier this year and am quite happy with it... everything is plug & play now.

I can make you one as well :D

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
The alternative is to have a custom JAMMA fingerboard->JAMMA connector made up that places the Kick Harness buttons into the Atomiswave layout and then passes through all other connections.

Franco does both the fingerboard option and the link kit option. Link kit was more easily managed all within the CP so I went that route. Cab looks good Tre!

Edit - oops, Lemz can hook you up too. :D

Last edited:

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
ok i have my 4 to 6 buttons now wired up through my cps2 kick harness. i dont understand how to get the 4 and 5 hooked up for the atomiswave though

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
ok i have my 4 to 6 buttons now wired up through my cps2 kick harness. i dont understand how to get the 4 and 5 hooked up for the atomiswave though

That's the point. The aforementioned link kit or the fingerboard make this happen for you. Buy one, install, and everything works. ;)

PM Lemony, he'll get you squared away.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
Glad I was lurking around the forums...I posted this exact question in the Blast City club a little while back and THIS is the answer I was seeking. Thanks!

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
PM sent!

Also indie, I can modify the loom I sent you to work with the extra button harness. PM me if interested :D

slampt

Quiz Detective
Sorry to bump an old thread, I am keen on going down this path and using a JAMMA finger board and just wiring button 4 and 5 through cn8 on the IO Board as I have the kick harness in place already.
Anyone here still make them if so how much? I have most the bits to make my own but it may be cheaper to just get one pre-made.

TIA