Unibios VIDEO install guide????

DvdXploitr

Quiz Detective
I have searched YouTube for videos on Unibios Install and not seen a SINGLE one...if anyone does Unibios installs and wouldn't mind showing a video of how to do it (socket method preferred or maybe a guide showing both the socket and piggy back)....that would be awesome...there are tons of videos showing what it does, but not any that I could find showing it being installed......

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Assuming you're looking for an AES install guide:

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/snk-neo-geo-aes-unibios-install/ Probably one of the better illustrated ones.

If you're using an MVS board, it's as easy and swapping out the old BIOS for the new one.

What's really recommended is just desoldering the original AES BIOS, solder a socket on it, then installing the UniBIOS that way.

I've never seen a video guide for a UniBIOS install, but the link above is documented pretty well.

Last edited:

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
socket method:
remove old bios chip
put in 40pin dip socket
solder it down
go buy Unibios from Razoola
plug into socket

done.
I mean making a video would technically be a waste of time hahahah its so simple to do. I mean granted if it were a little more complicated then previously stating then I can see where help can come in.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
If you need a video to do it, you might be better off having it done by someone else... I never tried it myself, but from what I've read you can easily damage the traces around the chip if you're not that much of a (de)soldering pro. Both the piggy back and the socket route are challenging.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member

Not really UniBIOS, but it goes through desoldering through-hole ICs.

DvdXploitr

Quiz Detective
..........yea, that is too much for a n00b like me, i'll just pay someone to do it for me :/

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I could try it for you, I've done a few myself including on my own AES. I've used the piggyback method before, but now I'm switching to the socket method since I have a proper desoldering station. Shoot me a PM and we'll work something out.