Seimitsu LS-33NA Pinout

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
A few months ago, i bought a Seimitsu Joystick in Japan. I tought it was a regular LS-33.

Yesterday i finally used it and it didn't work. I picked up my multimeter to find out that this pinout is differente from ALL Seimistu and Sanwa joysticks? It seems that the ground pin is in the middle.

Info about this model is a bit scarce on the internet, can anyone tell me more about it? Was this intended for some specific kind of cabinet?

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
I'm sure Namco Cyberlead Cabinets used these joysticks as standard.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I have the LS-33NA in my blast, I like the sticks but it wasn't worth the trouble to rewire my looms.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I have the LS-33NA in my blast, I like the sticks but it wasn't worth the trouble to rewire my looms.

What would you recommend instead? Please note that this will be used in a "shmups only" CP. In my regular CP i have a full Sanwa setup and i'm very happy with that.

I already found a female 5 pin JST plug at my job, maybe i try to make the adapter just for the sake of it...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
What would you recommend instead? Please note that this will be used in a "shmups only" CP. In my regular CP i have a full Sanwa setup and i'm very happy with that.

I already found a female 5 pin JST plug at my job, maybe i try to make the adapter just for the sake of it...

For shooties I say go LS-32-02, I like the feel and quick action of the 33s, but you can't go wrong with a 32.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Since i got the necessary parts, i decided to build a ghetto adapter. It looks like Sh#t, but works like a charm :D

vyxj.jpg

Only played for a couple of minutes, but i like the feel of the joystick.

Last edited: