creating a part list for a project: boardmaster UPDATE

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
recently i have acquired IMO one the coolest superguns ever officially manufactured, the sega boardmaster.
http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/File:Boardmaster.JPG
i have a lot of ideas of modifications i would like to make to it, and would like others opinions on the feasability of some of the things, more specifically, if you guys believe i could cram all of it inside the case.
heres a pic of the enterior of the boardmaster as it is currently, stock:
http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/images/...des.jpg/800px-SG_Sega_Boardmaster_insides.jpg

first the simple stuff:
i want to replace the sanwa sticks with seimitsu ls-32-01's. which mounting plate do i need to purchase to put them in?

next im considering adding a 4th button on the top row for each player, but due to the way the supergun is wired it runs a single wire
to the back side of the wafer board connector, which then splits into 2 separate leads one which goes to the 4th button on the jamma harness
and the other which goes to the kick harness so that it is universally compatible with all set ups. thus meaning that i cannot designate one wire
for top row button 4 direct to jamma, and the one wire to the kick harness for the first button bottom row without messing with the factory wiring and running the 4th button jamma for each side direct to the jamma harness instead of having it pass through the wafer board connector.
(a possibility i suppose) other option is to just have top row button 4 and bottom row button 1 always active at the same time.
think i should leave it be or try one of these options?

and finally the strangest idea i have is to install 2 PS360+ boards inside to make the controls compatible with ps3 and 360 and PC just to use as my primary fight sticks.

UPDATE:
just bought an xrgb2 (thanks giltygear!) for handling the component video i was looking for. now i just need to source the proper 8pin to jap scart cable for use with the boardmaster

thanks for any ideas or opinions!

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i really like the idea of using the SFC cart to protect and contain the jamma harness. i will probably do this to my wiring harness or something similar.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I haven't been able to find a good anything>HDMI converter except a VGA>HDMI. I then went from RGB>VGA>HDMI, picture looked great but there was some slight lag. All the RGB>HDMI converters I have tried look more like composite>HDMI.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
hmm, ok will edit the main post to say component converter only instead. im fine with component video output.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
those look really good, now the question i have is can i split the rgb signal so that it still runs to the S-video encoder and also have it wired to the component encoder as well?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
so does anybody know the type of plate i need to mount seimitsu sticks?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
anyyyyoonnneeee soo that i dont buy the wrong platteesssssss? :)

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I haven't been able to find a good anything>HDMI converter except a VGA>HDMI. I then went from RGB>VGA>HDMI, picture looked great but there was some slight lag. All the RGB>HDMI converters I have tried look more like composite>HDMI.

Have you tried the xrgb mini?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
ive been wondering for years exactly wtf the purpose of an xrgb was... guess i finally just found a use for one. so ur say i could run rgb into one of those and not have to worry about adding another video converter inside the boardmaster, thus saving me more space to mount the 2 ps360+ boards... so at least one problem has been solved now. i think?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
updated first post, looking for proper 8 pin to jap rgb scart cable to use with the boardmaster

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
any other boardmaster owners out there know about the rgb cable needed???

Braintrash

n00b
Is the forum always that suspicious?
Damnit, I'm not even here for that damn source-of-problems marketplace and all I get in fingers pointed to me. No question asked, oh dude, maybe some shit happened, nope. That's great, Neo-Geo spirit in all its glory...

purple

Geese's Thug
i belive you can try universal mounting plate from paradisearcadeshop. for the japanese scart cable i think you will need to make it yourself. what kind of 8 pin connector is it? u shape or c shape, maybe you can buy regular 8 pin to scart cable and change wiring pinout according to your supergun and xrgb.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
woah somebody dug up my thread. cool deal, i will order 2 of those plates. thanks!