NEW MEMBER AND FIRST QUESTION

Hello, I am a new member. I cant beleave there is a neo geo community out there. Where I live no one even knows what neo geo let alone SNK. I am so happy I found this site. I just played SNK vs Capcom ( and beat it preety easily on my second try ) what I dont get it is isnt it called SNK vs capcom. So where are the other snk charecters? I mean, CAPCOM vs Marvel and alot of classic gameing charecters in it, so why didnt SNK put in some old charecters from its other games, I would have loved to see any of Last blade charecters or even Breakers revenge. Or even the cool soldiers from Metal slug. They'll be hell of alot fun to play with. I think they were trying to go for a realistic look but I think they could have added other SNK charecters than KOF, AOF or FF

I

Iori

yeah, I hear you. personally would have loved to see Elta in a fighter as well as MS characters.

JRock917

, ,
You got a point. I am chomping at the bit to play SvcC, as I plan to get it in the very near future. It would be nice though to have more characters, especially considering the sheer library of them SNK has at its disposal. I imagine the characters they used in the game were the most populare ones from the most popular neo geo games. I hope they add many more in the upcoming sequel I have heard talked about.

G

gokusama26

I think the reason that chars. from games like Last Bade and SamSho were not in CvsS is because of the radically different fighting styles. CvsS is a pretty toned down game when compared to games like MvsC2. I get vibes of SSF2Turbo and KoF94 when I play this game. With LB and SamSho chars, you would have had to change the whole fighting system to accomodate weapons vs fists. It would almost have to end up being a super 100+ hit combo game where nothing really made sense or added up. Giving fists the same damage%'s as blades would ruin the game. If they want to turn it into one of their trashy "vs." titles, they can, but I like the skills based engine of CvsS.

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Some good points there on the SS chars.

Let me tell you all though, if you haven't played it, or bought it yet, get it. This is a great game, but of course, like any other game, certain people wont like certain things about the game. The game does hold something for most, it isnt as over the top like MvC(2), but it does have it's own jazzy glitz here and there.

The new animation for most everyone looks GREAT. I love the newly animated sprites from both sides. Terry and Iori would probably be my fav's from the SNK side, and M Bison just looks awesome now(more like his SF2 self), instead of the way he did in Alpha which I never liked. Anyway, the thing I don't like about it is those damn sprites from the Alpha series(Sakura, Zangief, Dhalsim, etc) Most of them just look BAD. Sakura in particular.

There are other people I would have loved to see, but they, thats why they're making CvS2. (Wheres Andy? Robert? BRING BACK EIJI!
smile.gif

Anyways, get the game
biggrin.gif
I've blabbered on long enough.