How much did SNK clear out the Neo CD systems before they closed?

Does anyone know how much SNK sold their remaining Neo CD systems right before they closed?

Thanks,
Mike

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
I bought one of those remaining CD systems, but can't remember exactly how much they sold them for now. ^_^``

I think it was something like $225 for the system and 4 games. At any rate, I'm pretty sure it was less than $300.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
If I recalled, they sold the system along with KOF 99 and 3 other games for $220, I bought the whole package and picked up some of the better games the first weekday after the offer was announced. I later sold the 4 CD games on eBay for almost that amount so I ended up getting the system for free.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Vincewy,
You were just about right. The original deal was for the NeoeCD system & KoF 99 for $220.00. You got to also pick 5 Neo CDs for free with whatever they had in stock. I did that deal because I was getting KoF 99 and I just picked NeoCDs that I already didn't have. In my sense it was almost to me. BUy 6 Neo CDs and get a system for free.
smile.gif
Either way it was a great deal. ^_^

BonusKun

JRock917

, ,
buyrite has a combo deal for the neo cd system too- you get a cd system, KOF 98, and THEIR choice of four other games for the low unbeatable price of $500! Rip off artists. I wish I had known of such a deal on the neo cd, I would gladly have taken it.

outsider

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Wow man, that sucks.

I missed out on one awesome deal there.

I would have loved to get it on that deal.

Do human beings even work at Buyrite? I have never ever EVER been able to get to speak to a living breathing personable representative on their phone line.

Thank goodness, I only had pricing questions. You're as good as f*cked I would presume if you need assistance with customer service.

"Remember, if you're not buying from Buyrite, then you're doing the right thing."

Mike

JRock917

, ,
Originally posted by MikeCabrera:
Do human beings even work at Buyrite? I have never ever EVER been able to get to speak to a living breathing personable representative on their phone line.

Thank goodness, I only had pricing questions. You're as good as f*cked I would presume if you need assistance with customer service.

I will let you in on a little known secret. Whey a person applies for a job at buyrite, he/she/it has to fill out a form along with their application regarding how they feel a customer should be treated. You would thing only the people who indicated on the questionairre that they would be concerned about the customer would be the ones who get hired, right? Not the case, instead those with the worst attitudes are given jobs the very next day. I hear the owner has a set of horns protruding from his head, and a couple of cloven hooves for feet. No, I dont think there are any humans working at buyrite.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Wow. I didn't know that SNK-USA was offering that deal. They were selling carts like LastBlade and KOF 98 for aorund $180. Other than that, it was all about Pocket stuff. And I was checking alot on their site too
frown.gif

JRock917

, ,
I have seen KOF 98 still at that same price some places, but Last Blade has obviously gone up. However, it does seem that since SNK pulled out of the us, some game prices have skyrocketed. I suppose that is due to the neo being much more a collectors item now. I too wish I had been around or back into this scene when SNK was shutting its doors, it would have been an excellent time to add to one's collection.