AES socket bios installation - strange fault

Shorty

n00b
Hi, a few years ago I socketed my bios for the occasion that I one day might want a unibios. However during the removal of the old bios I damaged a trace on the board(I assume, if I knew I would fix it).

This has caused a peculiar problem.

The system works perfectly, has no problems playing games.

But if you start the console without a cart it displays only a black screen with garbage graphics on it. It does not manage to perform the usual test the console performs without a cart.

Does anyone have a clue as to what may cause this? The traces in there is a jungle and since there is a socket on top I can not really see if any of the holes were damaged during removal. I guess I'll have to check everything trace by trace otherwise... I have tested with another working bios also and that performs the same way.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The AES doesn't have a crosshatch like the MVS does. On the AES with a Unibios without a cart you should be getting either a solid blue or white screen only.

Shorty

n00b
Yes, that's the thing. I does not give any solid color screen, only the black screen with garbage graphics. It is still the original bios aswell.