Error after swapping 2 player roms

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
So I just scored a Turtles in Time board with 4 player roms. The seller included the 2p roms as well. They are all labelled by the seller. I tested it out first with the 4p roms and the game runs perfectly. After swapping the roms the rom check gives me an error on rom 15B. The ones I'm swapping out are 8E, 8G, 10E & 10G.

Is it possible that they are not labelled correctly and that is why 15B is showing an error? Is that possible?

When I switched the roms back to 4p the game boots up just fine.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just remember the 8s are nearest the 68k and the 10s are the outsides.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
If it's anything like simpsons, you may need to reset the eeprom that holds the settings. Hold the test button on the board while you power it up.

pipes

If it's anything like simpsons, you may need to reset the eeprom that holds the settings. Hold the test button on the board while you power it up.

Maybe that's the problem. I was holding down the test button after it booted up not as it was powering on. I'll try it again and see what happens.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Maybe that's the problem. I was holding down the test button after it booted up not as it was powering on. I'll try it again and see what happens.

I totally forgot about that tidbit.

pipes

Yup, works!! Held down the test button, powered it on and it's good to go.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.