These rings.

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Does any one know the purpouse of those red rings you can put around your control stick? I don't see or hear any differentses. It doesn't do anything usefull if you ask me. Whats it for?? Any one??

Cho

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Well, there are rings you can lock around your NGPC thumbstick which turn it into a four-way joystick rather than an eight-way, thus making gameplay of Pac-Man and Crush Roller much more manageable.

Helly Original Colapunks

Quiz Detective
The red rings only came with Pac-AMn and some late editions of Crush Roller. IT really improves the gameplay of Crush Roller I think, because playing with an 8-way joystick can be frustrating. (Sadly my CRush Roller copy came without the crossring)

Helly

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Yep! As bio says.
They are called "Cross rings" You got two or three, free with the aforementioned games.

Metal Slug.
"Theres gonna be bullets flyin, and widows cyin."

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
I got some with Pacman. They are really useful, as they totally remove diagonals. Especially useful when getting chased....

Kulp

n00b
hey, I just want to say thanks.
I just won Crush Roller from ebay and I was SO confused as to why I got a bag of 3 crossrings in the box, so I searched google and it led me to this thread explaining that they sometimes come with Crush Roller, I thought they only came with Pac-Man.

anyway, AWESOME!!!!!! good to know!!