Capcom IO woes (Tatsunoko VS Capcom)

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Hoping maybe someone could help me identify the problem here.

I fired up TvC, had it running in attract mode, and left it on while I was doing shit around the house. I went back to it about an hour later and the game was having some power issues (controls stopped responding, screen pulsing).

Checked inside the cab and noticed my PSU was blinking, so I rebooted everything. Tried again and got some connection errors w/ the capcom io (forgot the exact message - can't connect or something). Unhooked everything and tried again, and had the same issue. Tried one last time a little while after and it booted up fine, was able to play it, but once I went to the service menu, it had the same issues as before.

I tested out some other stuff (cps2, zn2) in the cabinet and they all played without a hitch. Unfortunately I don't have another game that uses the IO to test with (or another IO). Might be able to test the whole setup on another cab in a few days to help isolate the issue.

I remember reading these IO's can crap out so I figured I'd check and see if anyone had an idea. On the otherhand, I've had issues running some stuff w/ my PSU (jammacast, mamebox).

I've owned this game since March and it's never had issues, which is why I think it might be the IO. Gonna get a hold of a multimeter and test out my 5V to confirm that as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Quick update for those following:

Hooked it up fresh again tonight - seems to be running fine for the past 40 minutes or so. My uneducated guess is that either the Capcom IO or TvC board overheated? Not sure if that would cause my PSU to go bonkers but I can't recreate the problem just yet.

Regardless, I'll be keeping an eye on it for the next few days.