Work RAM Error Address Write Read 0010140A AAAA AA8A

MysticJoJo

Overtop Pathfinder
Finally, I have posting privelages! I purchased a 4-slot Neo-Geo machine from a bowling alley last week, but whenever it turns on, it gives me the error message as follows:

WORK RAM ERROR

ADDRESS WRITE READ
0010140A AAAA AA8A

Based on what I've read in the repair logs at ArcadeComponents.com, that means a bad RAM chip, and I've looked at schematics of my specific board (MV-4F) and the two work RAM chips are located at positions G9 and H9 on the bottom board. However, ArcadeComponents.com only had a single RAM chip left for me to order, with any others on backorder.

So, given the low Write/Read numbers, it seems like it's the first RAM chip accessed that isn't working and needs replacement. I need to know which chip that is, as otherwise I risk losing the good RAM chip(assuming it's good) needlessly while I wait for parts to come from China. I'd like to have better than a 50/50 shot of my Neo-Geo working, can anyone help me?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Helping you is like swallowing water from a stagnant african pond. It'll help at first but then it'll fuck you over in the long run.