KENNEX TV: AES RGB B/W, VOGATEK RGB COLOR. WHY???

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
TV model:

KENNEK KX 28 ST SIL

I can't understand why my NEO AES with RGB cable outputs black and white on this tv set, while my vogatek outputs normal and perfect RGB color

Last edited:

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
maybe the monitor doesn't get blanking signal from the neo, but i wonder why... it works on all other TV i have tried with.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You sure the cable is put together correctly?

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
that's very odd > I only ever got b/w like that on a pal tv trying to view NTSC video over composite (RGB always worked)

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
i guess it outputs composite because the tv doesn't recognize the RGB signal, is it possible?

the cable is the one i got with my neo, it should be original and worked on every TV i tried in all these years

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Does the TV have 2 scart sockets? If it does, make sure it's plugged into SCART1.

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
yes it has 2, but i couldn't make it work in none of the 2 :S

using the AES in the first scart socket, plugging the scart cable deep and firm i get no image (i can't even see the TV menus) but i get audio.
if i play with it moving it out on a side i get b/w image with no sound, image looks like it is component and not RGB.

on socket 2 i get grey image and non audio... is this a connection problem?
the sockets are not the tightest i have seen, anyway they work perfectly for my vogatek and xbox.

a note: the xbox works in both sockets (i guess it can output both component and RGB)
the vogatek only works in socket 1, in socket 2 i get a bearly visible blacky screen

Last edited:

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
I'll go out on a limb here and say get a new neogeo RGB cable or if you have any electronics knowledge crack open the scart end of the neo cable and re-attach any loose wires :)

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
the cable works on all the other TV sets, that's what is making me crazy :S
I'll go out on a limb here and say get a new neogeo RGB cable or if you have any electronics knowledge crack open the scart end of the neo cable and re-attach any loose wires :)