World Heroes Pocket.....

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
Okay to the best of my memory and knowledge I remember seeing "World Heroes Pocket" coming soon to a NGP everywhere soon.
It was in all the magazine ads and etc. This was around 1999 I believe.

It was to be the first WH game since WH Perfect in 1995. A 4 year hiatus.
Suddenly..... WH Pocket disappear and with no reason telling gamers why.

Considering how good World Heroes 2 Jet was on the Game Boy... I bet WH Pocket would have been great on the NGP.
What are your opinions or thoughts on this whole ordeal?

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
By the way, ever saw the kiddie World Heroes? Man! If you thought the Street Fighter or Virtua Fighter kids looked cool, wait til you see the WH kids!

The cover of WH2Jet on GameBoy was awesome. Nothing like a young Fuuma.... "ora!" :D

Batsu_Power

Armored Scrum Object
chara09s.gif
Hmmm. That's weird. They said that there's gonna be a WH game on the NGPC.... now there isn't. Actually, A Neo Geo version had to appear first. They needed to introduce the characters in a new form, just like they did with KOF and FF. ADK should make a new WH game in order to retain it's popularity, IMO.
Well, Back to my swimming then.

S

SUPERNAUT

I wonder if it's complete but it didn't get released due to the problems SNK have had. I can't see them adverting a game they didn't develope. What a shame, it would have been cool.

wxh_fuumastance.gif

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
Oh, man! I really wanted to see Rasputin on NGPC! I guess Ikari Warriors has been canned too?

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I was really hoping that some ADK fighters would make it to the NGPC, but none ever did. :( World Heroes Pocket does ring a bit of a bell, but that might simply be because it was one of the titles I was constantly saying OUGHT to be brought out for the NGPC. ;)

If it was actually in the works, I would say do not give up hope. With SNK's reorganisation, they may do it yet. Rumours are that Magician Lord and some other in-the-works titles for the NGPC are back on track.

Of course, last time I checked, ADK was not exactly doing very well, business-wise. :( So there are probably more obstacles to its release than just SNK's lack of business acumen.