SCART Male to Male wiring

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Can someone confirm the wiring is 1:1? Meaning pin 1 goes to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2, etc.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
One of my customers is using a supergun I made for him with a scart connection on the supergun with sync on pin 20, it then goes to a male to male scart to a femal scart to bnc cable. I think this wire crossing might be the culprit for the picture not syncing up since all sync connections are on pin 20 but the male-male cable shift it to pin 19.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
One of my customers is using a supergun I made for him with a scart connection on the supergun with sync on pin 20, it then goes to a male to male scart to a femal scart to bnc cable. I think this wire crossing might be the culprit for the picture not syncing up since all sync connections are on pin 20 but the male-male cable shift it to pin 19.

Yeah, thats exactly it. I am guessing this is the same supergun we were talking about before?

It didn't dawn on me before that that was the issue.

I believe Scart female connectors for OUTPUT should be wired with sync on pin 19 and Right audio on pin 1 and left audio on pin 3. Otherwise when you use a standard Scart cable, it won't work.

edit: The Scart switches that I sell output sync on pin 19 and audio on pin's 1 and 3 as well. This is normal per the scart spec.

Last edited:

Akille68

Crazed MVS Addict
Hi James, 19 and 20 pins are crossed. 19 is sinc out and 20 is sinc in. So, on panel mount scart video sinc from the source should be connected to pin 19 and signal will enter TV from pin 20 at the other end of the scart cable.