CPS2/Atomiswave with Supergun

Beelay

New Challenger
Kind of a basic question here, but what kind of supergun do I need to run these two boards on a TV? I've been using one of IDCHAPPY's simple 4-button superguns for my Neo and I'm hooked on arcade hardware!

I've been googling around but can't really find any definitive information on what kind of supergun I would need. How do they get around needing a kick harness, etc? Are there any recommended/affordable superguns that I should look into for these kinds of boards? I don't really need anything fancy, just something to display them in RGB and give me some sort of controller ports, I suppose.

Thanks!

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
If you are going to want to use 6 buttons there really isn't any way of getting around the kick harness. You will just need to qire up whatever controller you are using to connect to the harness for the extra buttons and then however else you want for the first 3. A while ago a guy called laugh on SRK made some converters that would let you connect PS controllers to an arcade setup that would let you get around a lot of it but I have no idea if he is still making them or not.

mikey

Marked Wolf
You don't need any specific supergun, you just need to hook up the kick harness like Pope said. I added some wires in my CPS2 so that the kick harness connects directly to the jamma connector on unused pins, and then wired my supergun the same way. That way I don't need a kick harness, I just plug it in and it works.

Beelay

New Challenger
So if I were to buy the supergun that Akille68 linked to, would I then have to wire up a JAMMA adapter to use all 6 CPS2 buttons?

Last edited: