Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Usually I couldn't care less about anything "indie", but this looks alright. I'm sure it won't materialize into anything though.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Not on pc. If this would be on Ouya or sth like that I would support it.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I need to see conclusive proof of past employment at SNK from the developers. No MVS boards, no matter how many slots.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I've been waiting for the regular version on 3ds for sometime now, it was announced almost a year ago, and there hasn't been a peep since. I'm actually somewhat interested in helping fund this, however the only thing holding me back is that I do NOT play games on pc.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
I've been waiting for the regular version on 3ds for sometime now, it was announced almost a year ago, and there hasn't been a peep since. I'm actually somewhat interested in helping fund this, however the only thing holding me back is that I do NOT play games on pc.

Yeah, I'm not a pc gamer as well. A 3DS version of it would be cool indeed.

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Yeah, I'm not a pc gamer as well. A 3DS version of it would be cool indeed.

you wanna play a 3s-ish game on a 3ds?

when i first saw the trailer for the 3ds version i was really disappointed

this will easily fit a full home release where real gamers can use arcade stick...

Last edited:

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
WTF they are spending 2 grand on making a new trailer if they achieve funding? That deserves a big "Go Fuck Yourself". You can be doing that while sitting idle waiting for your funding.

These crowd funding schemes are becoming quite annoying. Most of the time, the reason you couldn't get your own legit funding is cause your shit sucks, not cause its misunderstood.

And to top it off you're asking for funding yet your trailer shows a character performing Zangief's super piledriver?? GFY twice! How about you put 2 grand into originality.

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
If you want this to succeed, surely you have to at LEAST release it for XBLA, PSN & WiiU's VC?

I mean, what's the size of the demographic who play Doujin shmups/fighters on PC? It can't be a particularly large target audience??

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
I can't make it past the part when the guy starts singing. I didn't bother muting, I just closed the window. Without viewing any gameplay I'll say the concept art looks lazy. Maybe for $20,000 they'll design a character I like. I agree with mr_b. these guys need to get bent.

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
the games has been out for years now and it's pretty solid/good
this crowdfunding is just for a wider release (and i guess refined with more chara and hd graphics)
stop whining for no reason,

have you ever launched the game in first place?

also you 're asking for gameplay... i guess youtube has plenty of it if you bother to search

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
you wanna play a 3s-ish game on a 3ds?

when i first saw the trailer for the 3ds version i was really disappointed

this will easily fit a full home release where real gamers can use arcade stick...

while the 3ds is not my ideal console for a fighting game, it's still a console, and it's nice and easy on the go. I have 2 laptops in my house both ranging about 4-5 years old now, and even if I was inclined to play games on them, it's not a very good setup for me.

ideally I think xbl arcade or psn would be a great place for this game, as we've seen other fighters do ok there, like skullgirls, but I seriously doubt that will ever happen.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Note that it doesn't say which KoF they worked on....could've been 2001. :smirk:

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
also you 're asking for gameplay... i guess youtube has plenty of it if you bother to search

I'm not asking for gameplay, I said I couldn't make it past 4 seconds of that video. The concept art tells me enough about the game already. Your post here earlier told me the game was out. Sorry if I upset you, I didn't mean to. I saw this thread and was hopeful, the link crushed my hopes pretty much flat out and then I was asked for money. I'm glad you enjoy the game. That's cool!

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Indeed it would be better to see a version of this game on XBLA or PSN rather than the 3DS.
But between 3DS and PC, i'd pick the first one.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I can't imagine the controls of any handheld system is going to be comparable with an arcade stick.

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I'm not asking for gameplay, I said I couldn't make it past 4 seconds of that video. The concept art tells me enough about the game already. Your post here earlier told me the game was out. Sorry if I upset you, I didn't mean to. I saw this thread and was hopeful, the link crushed my hopes pretty much flat out and then I was asked for money. I'm glad you enjoy the game. That's cool!

it's not my game so i have nothing to be upset for..,

if the art is lazy they can't do anything about it... i guess they will stick with that style so at least a gameplay video would tell if the game is actually fun or not.
which is pretty much what really count in a 1vs1

FalcomAdol

Fio's Quartermaster
Indeed it would be better to see a version of this game on XBLA or PSN rather than the 3DS.
But between 3DS and PC, i'd pick the first one.
Kind of pointless now to plan to release anything for PS3 or 360, since they both have one foot out the door. Guess it depends whether you can hit the marketplace next week or not.

Targeting PC probably puts you in a good place to ship on PS4's PSN and Xbone.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Note that it doesn't say which KoF they worked on....could've been 2001. :smirk:

The sprites certainly lead me to believe it could be. They have a very "Angel" look to them... that's not a good thing.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
If it's on PC why are they going such low res? I mean... the game looks alright, but I'm not willing to help fund this. As other have said if it were on the NG then I could see help funding it, or even if it was on something like the Ouya. The game does look interesting though, but I'll never end up playing it I'm sure. It's nice to see the creators passion in this project.

Last edited:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
how the fuck is nobody here a pc gamer... that's the closest we have to an arcade hardware...

@Alaska-

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
As other have said if it were on the NG then I could see help funding it
free space on your shelves?
you'd better go buying NG: Dev stuff to fill tha gap