Does Gunlord need a sequel?

Would you like to see a Gunlord sequel

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Praised by many, ignored by masses, hated by few as far as I know, Gunlord surely appealed to people like me with a bit of Amiga background as well as to those who wanted a bit of euroshooter-platformer on their Neo or DC.

It was even chosen as game of the year by some people.

Now, would you like to see a sequel? I just wanted to know if other people think like me that this game really deserves a sequel. I think it needs to balance just a bit by giving more than 2 minutes of shmup levels but other than that, just refine the gameplay, give me more to play and make more awesome music and bosses and I would be very happy indeed! :drool_2:

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
One day, but i would like to see them produce some new different games first.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
One day, but i would like to see them produce some new different games first.

This.

Also, why are we talking about a sequel when people are still waiting to play the original they bought almost 2 years ago?

Don

Camel Slug
If there was a sequel to gunlord, I would have to own it on the Dreamcast. Or maybe I could buy one for the dreamcast and one for my book shelf.

A play copy and a masturbation copy. You haven't lived your life, until you drop your seed on an AES snap lock.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
I went Dreamcast this time around. I own an MVS copy but i don't know if i can do $500 again.

AlecRob

Banned
The sequel should be a completely different type of game. Like... Gunlord RPG for NGCD and DC.:buttrock:

Strange

War Room Troll
I would say no only because the NG DEV games on the Neo are way over priced. These are just homebrews and homages to past games. If the gameplay experiences of these games were completely unique and new, that would be one thing, but they are so not.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Rather they make something new. A spin off of Gunlord maybe, but not a straight sequel.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
GunLord is itself a sequel to Last Hope already.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
Variety would be best, hopefully they will try something fresh. However I can see more shooters in the future.

Buffi

Zero's Secretary
Well, since they tweeted it.

Yeah, I would buy it for MVS.

I already own Fast Striker and am waiting for XYX and the reprints of the other games.
I sure as fuck would buy this too.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I'll never cease to pray for an OUT-RUN / Powerdrift kind of game. The neogeo have a hardware scaler that has remained sleeping since the beginning! Do you realize Riding Hero is the only one crap we have?

Punisher5.0

Cheng's Errand Boy
I voted for hell yes but I think it should only be available for preorder after they have everything (shells, cases, pcb's) to make the games. This DavidG bullshit is completely ridicules. I can't believe it's July and there is still no clear date for when they will start shipping again.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Hi and thanks for your vote. However, I would appreciate it if we could keep the DavidG talk and shipping problems talk to a minimum. Yes, they have had their issues but there are plenty of threads for that. Please don´t derail this into one of "those" threads.

That said, I´m sure it is beneficial to also discuss about alternatives. Such as, if you voted no... If it is not Gunlord 2 that they should start making after their current projects, then what kind of a game would you rather see?

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I think they've realized that it's not a good idea to keep all their eggs in the same basket, so the MVS shells is coming from Analogue Interactive.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I still say Gordian and Vanessa crash land on a savage planet and BAM SWORDLORD!

As Gordian Gaiden of mars can attest in my avatar!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Voted,only because there enough shooters on the neo-geo mvs for now.I wouldn't mind seeing another run'n'gun for it and the dc.Still what the system really could use 'is a video pinball game in the style of devil crush ;)

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
As long as it's not fucking PuzzleLord or a puzzle game of any description, then I'd be down for a sequel.

A Shock Troopers style shooter (probably not far from what they're doing now?) would be fine, thanks. Character Select: Gordian or Vanessa.

Done.

Just not a puzzler. Those should be confined to mobile phone and tablet devices... forever.