U.S. NGPC snapcases worth more?

D

DigiPunk

I picked up my Neo pocket and games during the summer of '99 from eToys (an exclusive seller @ the time) B4 they were officially released to the stores. I picked up KoF R2, Metal Slug, and Samurai Shodown! 2 from them. All came in UK style snapcases.

My ? is, do these U.S. snapcase games make the games any more valuable than the cardboard boxes ones?

------------------

PSO- Look for me as !GigaShock!, Primpcess, or Rolf on Ship:Titania Room:Neo Geo World

chohan

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
Its a hardcase like the UK cases right? What is the differents?? Never heard about these USsnapcases...

Cho

------------------
''Do as you like, it is not my job to kill you''

Those are cosidered Uk hardcases. They seem to be worth a little more than a US cardboard box but not more than like 10-15% it seems. There seems to be enough of them going around so they aren't all that rare.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Yeah, I agree.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I have many U.S. hardcases as well. The thing is, the inserts and manuals are different from the U.K. releases. The one that is the most radically changed is Puzzle Bobble, because as far as I know, it is also called Puzzle Bobble in the U.K., but my U.S. hardcase version says Bust-A-Move.

Anyway, the U.S. hardcase games have no Euro rating system stuff on the back, and the manual covers are different as well.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

Coming To Theatres This Summer: Chimps Packing Heat: The Movie
pm_segalogo.gif

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
Yes, US snapcases definitely exist, and aren't just UK versions. I preordered my NGPC from SNK direct the first day they took preorders, so I presumably got one of the first US NGPC systems and games. This was before the NGPC was available at all in the UK, I think. The games all came in hard snapcases, and the address on the boxes was for SNK Corp. of America.

As for whether they're more valuable or not, it's hard to say. As far as I know, there isn't a huge collector's market for NGPC games in the sense that there is for NGH games. From what I've seen, most NGPC collectors just want the games, instead of a specific version.

However, if someone wants to pay me $200 for an official near mint US KOF R-2 with plastic snapcase, then I'll be happy to part with it.
wink.gif
Oh, if only those collectors existed...

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I can post a scan of the insert in the case, if you like. Scan is the best I can do at the moment, no digital camera.

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

pm_segalogo.gif

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
O.K., I will make a scan and try to have a link to it posted here by this time tomorrow.

-BioMotor_Unitron

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
yes, thats it. keep posting on this and make more pointless and totaly inflated bids and see what happens you idiots.

bwi

20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ORPHEUS:
yes, thats it. keep posting on this and make more pointless and totaly inflated bids and see what happens you idiots.

Isn't that what the Neo world is all about
smile.gif

Bri (who has sold 2 copies of Faselei and 2 Evolutions and a LAst blade for rediculous prices to people. And they set the price not me

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member
BIOMOTOR, for christ sakes I did not mean you. but come on you KNOW it will happen if people start buying pocket games at absurd
prices. they will make these impulse buys now and them blame it all on shawn and other collectors later on.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ORPHEUS:
BIOMOTOR, for christ sakes I did not mean you. but come on you KNOW it will happen if people start buying pocket games at absurd prices. They will make these impulse buys now and them blame it all on shawn and other collectors later on.

Well, I thought you were referring to the few of us in general that are posting in this thread, since you placed your post in here. NGPC games are already going for insane prices on eBay. When Faselei first came out in the U.K. hardcase version, it was going for as much as $180.00. Through an order screw up, my family wound up with SIX hardcase U.K. versions instead of three. I could have thrown the extras on eBay and encouraged ridiculous bidding, but instead I doled them out to fellow gamers at my cost.

All we are doing here is discussing the relative rarity of some items, in particular U.S. hardcase version. Most people do not even know such versions exist. If they choose to pursue a U.S. hardcase Bust-A-Move over a readily available cardboard box U.S. version or U.K. hardcase Puzzle Bobble version, then it is those people contributing to the hysteria, not us. It is not as if I would ever sell any of my games that were not extra to begin with, regardless of how much money I could get for them.
wink.gif

------------------
-BioMotor_Unitron
ani_u_tan_kun.gif

pm_segalogo.gif

Rain

Fashion Designer,
20 Year Member
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BioMotor_Unitron:
Well, I thought you were referring to the few of us in general that are posting in this thread, since you placed your post in here. NGPC games are already going for insane prices on eBay. When Faselei first came out in the U.K. hardcase version, it was going for as much as $180.00. Through an order screw up, my family wound up with SIX hardcase U.K. versions instead of three. I could have thrown the extras on eBay and encouraged ridiculous bidding, but instead I doled them out to fellow gamers at my cost.

All we are doing here is discussing the relative rarity of some items, in particular U.S. hardcase version. Most people do not even know such versions exist. If they choose to pursue a U.S. hardcase Bust-A-Move over a readily available cardboard box U.S. version or U.K. hardcase Puzzle Bobble version, then it is those people contributing to the hysteria, not us. It is not as if I would ever sell any of my games that were not extra to begin with, regardless of how much money I could get for them.
wink.gif

And that is what makes a gamer, a TRUE gamer. Someone who doesn't make money off of any games they can sell. Peace man.

------------------
svcm_vegastance.gif

[This message has been edited by Rain (edited May 01, 2001).]

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
Sorry for the delay, I will scan that Bust-A-Move Pocket and upload the scan this weekend.

Tiptonium

Tech Support Moderator,
I'm not sure if it makes 'em more valuable. I do like them though. Most of my early NGPC purchases from US retailers where in the hard case. In the later days I found that they were cardboard at these same stores.