Who are the names behind SNK's classics ?

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
I have just seen the trailer of Crimson Dragon for the Xbox One, and it showed "Directed by Yukio Futatsugi - award winning creator of Panzer Dragoon and Phantom Dust".

And I thought "cool. But hey, what about my favourite SNK games ? Who are the big names behind it?"

I have never seen a game trailer with the advertise "From the visionary cretor of Samurai Shodown"

I mean: I Don't know who's the creator/director or the classics KoF; Garou; Last Blade; Samurai Shodown etc.

So, I'd like to ask you:

Have you ever got interested in knowing who's the main responsable for your favourite SNK game ?

Are those 'important names' still working with SNK ? Or have they moved to other companies ?

Is there a SNK producer/director you keep following to check his newest works ?

Share your knowledge about this subject.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
I have just seen the trailer of Crimson Dragon for the Xbox One, and it showed "Directed by Yukio Futatsugi - award winning creator of Panzer Dragoon and Phantom Dust".

And I thought "cool. But hey, what about my favourite SNK games ? Who are the big names behind it?"

I have never seen a game trailer with the advertise "From the visionary cretor of Samurai Shodown"

I mean: I Don't know who's the creator/director or the classics KoF; Garou; Last Blade; Samurai Shodown etc.

So, I'd like to ask you:

Have you ever got interested in knowing who's the main responsable for your favourite SNK game ?

Are those 'important names' still working with SNK ? Or have they moved to other companies ?

Is there a SNK producer/director you keep following to check his newest works ?

Share your knowledge about this subject.

here's an interesting read

http://www.1up.com/features/the-man-who-created-street-fighter

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
sure would be nice if someone went on a quest to find and interview those fine people

Martyr

n00b
http://www.1up.com/features/the-man-who-created-street-fighter[/QUOTE]

Good article Professor Denim!

The Mount Rushmore background in Street Fighter looks kind of familiar.
f30i.jpg

Last edited:

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Well there's a Kickstarter for that. And one that needs help. Badly.

The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers

As of now he has stopped contacting people because Kickstarter doesn't get off the ground. But SNK is on his list as well as other lesser-known (not for their games) Japanese developers. Let us fund this and get some answers. :D

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

As of now he has stopped contacting people because Kickstarter doesn't get of the ground. But SNK is on his list as well as other lesser-known (not for their games) Japanese developers. Let's fund this and get some answers. :D

I would donate if I could but no credit card...

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
If you check my sig you can check out a full list of neogeo related credits I did a while back \o_

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Awesome thread, thanks for the interesting reads guys :buttrock:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Takashi Nishiyama must have a thing for Mount Rushmore
cj97.jpg

Mike and Terry are Americans and Mt Rushmore is a recognized american landmark. It would be dumb to NOT have it in there.

zoogelio

n00b
And how often are four giant heads carved onto mountains around the world? East & Southeast Asia have some huge stone Buddha statues, which look more commonplace to Japanese developers, whereas giant stone faces of real people might look exotic and cool. That's why they chose them most likely.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I'd imagine only game creators whose creation has reached sales in the millions of copies would be considered a big name.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member

As of now he has stopped contacting people because Kickstarter doesn't get off the ground. But SNK is on his list as well as other lesser-known (not for their games) Japanese developers. Let us fund this and get some answers. :D

Pledged ! ;) This kickstarter should end funded, there's a lot of stuff we would like to read and watch on a dvd.