A couple PVM questions

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
Scored a PVM 2030 last night, now I'm looking to get my cables in order. Looking to hook up a bunch of the classics to it PS1/2, DC, Saturn, Genesis, NES, SNES (although I hear it doesn't look great in RGB) - etc - all the staples of years passed.

68K, OPE, and other fine folks in chat were kind enough to get me started, but I'm still very new, I've always just rolled RF, composite, or HDMI.

Anyone have any experience with multi-system scart cables?

Or if I need to be obtaining multiple scart cables, would something like this be a better way to go?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Those multi system scart cables are shit. Avoid.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
get a decent scart switcher box. It'll save you alot of digging behind the pvm...

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I think there was a group buy on here for scart switch box, get individual cables and your good to go.

Who told you snes doesnt look good in RGB?

Welcome to the pvm club...

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Why aren't they any good?

Because much like multi system AV cables, they are poorly built, poorly shielded and use very thin wiring in them. And half the time they don't even work right to begin with.

Why go RGB if you are going to use garbage quality cabling?

Last edited:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Because much like multi system AV cables, they are poorly built, poorly shielded and use very thin wiring in them. And half the time they don't even work right to begin with.
Why go RGB if you are going to use garbage quality cabling?
Yeah, but wouldn't the shielding have to be pretty bad to affect the RGB? So I guess you can't really get good quality multi cables, they're all cheap junk? Otherwise you'd have to have a SCART cable for every system, a SCART switch box, and a SCART->BNC adaptor cable. Maybe the way to do it is to use a multi cable until you get an individual SCART cable for each system.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Yeah, but wouldn't the shielding have to be pretty bad to affect the RGB? So I guess you can't really get good quality multi cables, they're all cheap junk? Otherwise you'd have to have a SCART cable for every system, a SCART switch box, and a SCART->BNC adaptor cable. Maybe the way to do it is to use a multi cable until you get an individual SCART cable for each system.

Feel free to use a multisystem scart cable, but they are garbage.

Shared grounds, shared voltage on scart pin 8 (not good) and poorly made in general.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Sooo .. MiceVikey .. how did you hook up your pvm-2030 in the end? I just bought one and am really interested.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Sooo .. MiceVikey .. how did you hook up your pvm-2030 in the end? I just bought one and am really interested.

He got over it and just banged a fat bird in the end.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
beamerhaul2.jpg

CMPTR port for life! works great with my supergun/CMVS setup al that laseractive thing there too RGB modded fo lyfe!

A
BNC
IS
FINE
TOO

Last edited: